Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best wheel spacers with stock wheels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Touge Factory
Here are the Ichiba 15mm "bolt-on" spacers.
Magnesium / Aluminum alloy.
Only Spacers to Include removable hubcentric rings for the Wheels spacers!

i have thooooooooooose
woot.
haha.
i think i'm gona come in for some 20mm

o whats that powder coating place you reccomend?
cmwerks?
i forgot..
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:52 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

I installed the Ichiba hubcentric bolt-on spacers. So far it is okay. I am getting a bit of vibration through the steering wheel at higher speeds - but only sometimes, not always. I'm going to check the torque on the spacer and wheel lugs again. Or maybe I am just feeling more road feedback through the steering wheel?

The Ichiba hubcentric spacer adapter (not the spacer itself, the center adapter piece) does have a bit of play once installed on the car. This might be causing the vibration... The stock wheel definitely needs to be hubcentric to fit properly. The way the stock lug nuts are designed, it can't be lugcentric like aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by ZK; Feb 2, 2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZK
I am getting a bit of vibration through the steering wheel at higher speeds - but only sometimes, not always.
Maybe you can make a note of what section of the road and what speed. Then take them off and go back to the same road and do the same speed?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:32 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
Maybe you can make a note of what section of the road and what speed. Then take them off and go back to the same road and do the same speed?
I don't have time to mess with that. I will try checking the spacer. I believe this may be caused by the play in the hubcentric adapter.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:47 PM

I have one inch hub centric spacers and that brings my MR wheels out flush and looks awsome. You can go to EVO X forums in performance section I believe ,and the topic is Photos of Lees X MR and hopefully this link will get You there.http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10284
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Why not just run longer studs in the stock location with smaller spacers (10-20mm). I see this picture of the 15mm spacer that uses new studs and a recessed hole to attach a nut to the stock studs. I can see why you would do this on a 40mm spacer, but why on a 15? The stock stud will surely stick out beyond the 15mm spacer thickness, so does this mean that you have to cut off your stock studs flush with the face of the new spacer in order to attach the nut and allow the wheel to sit flush against the spacer?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by smgevo
The stock stud will surely stick out beyond the 15mm spacer thickness, so does this mean that you have to cut off your stock studs flush with the face of the new spacer in order to attach the nut and allow the wheel to sit flush against the spacer?
No, the OEM wheels have convenient open pockets in the hubs so it's not a problem. The bolt on spacers make it unnecessary to replace the studs with longer ones.

Last edited by lowkey; Feb 27, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks. Just took a look at my wheels. But why go this route if you can install longer wheel studs and use a spacer without the need to bolt them to the hub? In thinking about how both assemblies go together, there is probably not a difference in attachment method if done correctly, but it is an interesting question.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There isn't a terribly big difference between longer studs and the bolt on. The bigger issue is that the longer studs is more work now and in the future (if you get new wheels).
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

how many spacers on the market today provide a differential in center bore between the inside of the spacer and the outside of the spacer, ie; 67.1 inner mating to the hub and 73 outer mating to the wheel. Seems like most spacers have the same inner and outer diameter, ie; 67.1, and therefore require the use of a hubcentric ring between the wheel and spacer. Not really a problem, but from a design persepective, the differential approach seems to be better. The other advantage of the differential in CB's is that a smaller spacer thickness can be used which retaining the hubcentrisity of the fitment.

Can someone list the spacer options herein and the CB of each. Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 02:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smgevo
how many spacers on the market today provide a differential in center bore between the inside of the spacer and the outside of the spacer, ie; 67.1 inner mating to the hub and 73 outer mating to the wheel. Seems like most spacers have the same inner and outer diameter, ie; 67.1, and therefore require the use of a hubcentric ring between the wheel and spacer. Not really a problem, but from a design persepective, the differential approach seems to be better. The other advantage of the differential in CB's is that a smaller spacer thickness can be used which retaining the hubcentrisity of the fitment.

Can someone list the spacer options herein and the CB of each. Thanks.

yeah, what he said.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

will 15mm spacers cause rubbing??
i have stock BBS lowered with Eibach pro kit

I searched the forums and couldn't find any vendor sells them! do u guy know any?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Yousef
will 15mm spacers cause rubbing??
i have stock BBS lowered with Eibach pro kit

I searched the forums and couldn't find any vendor sells them! do u guy know any?
In this same thread torwards the start is a post by Touge Factory, they sell spacers. I have 15mm spacers and is lowered on Works springs which I think is lower in the rear than the Eibachs. With 1.5 degree neg camber there is no rubbing.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have run Gorilla wheel spacers from Summit Racing. They come in 3mm, 5 mm and 8mm thickness with universal holes to fit any 4 or 5 bolt pattern. If you want thicker, stack multiple spacers.

I only ran a 3 mm spacer, anything more you should go to longer studs for safety. They might feel fine, but they aren't catching enough threads to hang on during heavy side loading (turning).
Per Gorilla:
NOTICE: You can install the 3mm spacers onto your car with factory wheel studs, but its recommended for safety you install longer wheel studs. 5mm and 8mm wheel studs CANNOT BE USED with factory wheel studs as there is not enough thread to safely use these. Youll HAVE TO purchase longer wheel studs to use with these yourself.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

my friend is running 20mm ichiba spacers on stock wheels with 265 tires and some coilovers!!!....stock 1,3 alignment!!!

so guys an inche...25mm spacers fits perfectly without rubbing anything on 265...even with a drop...because i was running those....and now they are for sale!!!! send me a pm if you want!!!

Quick Reply: Best wheel spacers with stock wheels?