Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheel Damage: Discount Tire - Help me out!

Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fmax420
You should contact corperate headquarters and file an offical complaint. If that doesn't work maybe threten to sue them.
Small claims cases have an amazing ability to snap businesses to attention, especially when a corporation has to send an attorney to represent them. Plus, I assure you learning to file a small claims case is something you should do, because you never know when you will need to do it. I don't recommend people just get lawsuit happy, but there are times when after discussion someone is being completely unreasonable, and you have no other choice.

I was planning on taking pictures of my rims and getting them notarized so I could prove the date and condition of the rims prior to taking them wherever I take them; likely Walmart. discount scares me only because I believe they are a franchise, and those guys are small business owners, who have to be cheap to survive sometimes.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

I cant stand people that dont care about peoples stuff.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

DT SUCKS, bunch of lugnuts work there
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:37 PM

Respectfully ask the GM for the District Manager's contact info. Usually they will just give you an e-mail address or voicemail. I know it will be hard, but keep your emotions out of the e-mail, and make sure it has a "read receipt." State the facts of everything that happened, and be clear and precise. I can tell you, when it gets to a certain level in the chain of command they will find a way to make sure they satisfy the customer. The most important and obvious part is that the worker confessed to scratching the wheel and during that service all four wheels were handled by the same person. I have done business with Discount Tire for years, and I will admit that some of the stores have some really bad people in there. A lot of times the District Managers have no idea about the issues that go on inside a store unless a customer finds a way to let them know. I've been in retail for years and I know first hand that the higher you go, the quicker they want to resolve the issue and not let it go to someone like a Regional VP. But remember, keep your cool and keep emotions out of it. Be calm, courteous and persistent and I'm sure they will find a way to get things resolved.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 03:28 PM

Same thing happen to me at Discount Tire in Irvine. I had a brand new set of VOLK TE-37 and scratched the lip on one of the rims. I informed the manager and he called the installer and asked if he scratched the rims. Duh! Of course he's not going to admit it. Manager took the installer side and refused to reimburse my rim.

Now, I first call the manager's attention (not Discount Tire) and mention that if I even see one scratch on my rims they are paying for it! Never had a problem since.