Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

The Brake Rotor, Pad, Line, Fluid, and Duct Thread (Evo X)

Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What pads can i use for the girodisc?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Just Purchased A set of Carboteck xp12's (front and Back)
Ill take my heat sensing laser sensor feller to the track saturday and check rotor temps after a few laps.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 03:32 PM

Looking for some feedback on Rotor ideas.

Daily Driver Evo X, will see some monthly track time, but mostly recreational and non-competitive. I really like Works' pads and lines, but have any of you used their WRP 2-pc slotted rotors? I've also heard good things about DBA.

Right now I'm leaning more along the StopTech 1-pc Cryo-treated slotted rotors. I'm attracted to their supposed longevity, and strength under serious braking.

I really haven't put too much thought into what my priorities are for the rotors, but off the top of my head I'd like them to last a decent amount of time, and be really resistant to warping and permanent deformation. I know the pads and calipers have more to do with the stopping power of the brakes, correct? What other factors are there to consider?

As far as price goes, I'm not afraid to put down a bit more money for a quality part, but I don't want to cross the line into "unnecessary for use case" territory. I'm looking for something mostly comfortable on street conditions, but they won't let me down on the track after repeated visits.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 06:46 AM

Hey everyone. I have a '12 Evo X GSR with 21000 miles on it. I'm going to be replacing the brakes soon and just wanted some recommendations on which pads to get. My car is a daily driver and put about 200 miles on it a week. I have not tracked this car but plan on taking it a few times this upcoming year just to see what it can do. Any one recommend 1 brand over another. . Any help would be great. Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 2012evogsr
Hey everyone. I have a '12 Evo X GSR with 21000 miles on it. I'm going to be replacing the brakes soon and just wanted some recommendations on which pads to get. My car is a daily driver and put about 200 miles on it a week. I have not tracked this car but plan on taking it a few times this upcoming year just to see what it can do. Any one recommend 1 brand over another. . Any help would be great. Thanks
Assuming you're coming from the OEM pads, you have a couple of options. Some people buy a dual purpose pad that is made for daily use without eating your rotors, but have a high enough temperature range that they can handle some track abuse. Think of these types of pads as "jack of multiple trades, master of none."

Others will buy dedicated pads that they will then swap out. They will run a good daily driving pad, quiet, not as dusty, easy on the rotors, etc. But when they go to the track they will swap the pads out to a dedicated racing set that are more aggressive, but shouldn't be used on the daily if you want to maintain your rotors.

Considering you're like me and just getting into the track scene, I would suggest going for the first option until you start getting more into the competition of tracking (when you first start, you will just be learning to be competent on the track). Depending on what you want out of your pads there are various options. On the expensive side, there are Ferodo D2500 pads. A lot of people love them. For those of us that don't have money trees, I considered Project Mu B-force pads and Works Blue pads. I went with the latter option and am supremely happy with them. Still dusty, but noise free, and not hard on rotors. I've never tracked them, but I've Ran them on mountain and canyon runs which are pretty hard on brakes on the way down. I've heard them squeak once in the entire time owning them. One of the more hotly debated options are the Hawk pads. Some people swear by them, and others hate them and consider them cheap. I stayed away from them just because of all the contention. I wanted something with a higher positive/negative feedback ratio.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:24 AM

Thanks for your input and definitely made this alot easier on my decision. Thanks again.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:16 AM

[QUOTE= Considering you're like me and just getting into the track scene, I would suggest going for the first option until you start getting more into the competition of tracking (when you first start, you will just be learning to be competent on the track). Depending on what you want out of your pads there are various options. On the expensive side, there are Ferodo D2500 pads. A lot of people love them. For those of us that don't have money trees, I considered Project Mu B-force pads and Works Blue pads. I went with the latter option and am supremely happy with them. Still dusty, but noise free, and not hard on rotors. I've never tracked them, but I've Ran them on mountain and canyon runs which are pretty hard on brakes on the way down. I've heard them squeak once in the entire time owning them. One of the more hotly debated options are the Hawk pads. Some people swear by them, and others hate them and consider them cheap. I stayed away from them just because of all the contention. I wanted something with a higher positive/negative feedback ratio.[/QUOTE]

Have you or anyone else heard of Girodisc Front/Rear Magic Brake Pads ? I talked with MAP rep and he recommended the Fedoro D2500 pads but also this Girodisc Magic Brakes. Has anyone had any luck with these pads or know if they get good reviews?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Is there a rotor ring replacement for oem 2 piece brembo? Can an aftermarket, ie. girodisc, rotor ring that can fit the stock hat?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:21 PM

Great write up. Very helpful. I've been looking for some help to figure out what to get. Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gonna do a brake pad change on the fronts. Do most of you guys change out all your pads at once? I wasn't sure if it an AWD would be any different, but.. i'm assuming it isn't.

Last edited by R Lar; Jan 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 07:56 PM

thanks for the great write up, I Used this about a month ago when it was time to get new rotors and pads. went with the EBC yellows, and I love them!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 08:10 PM

Thanks for all the great info I have decided to go with the ebc red stuff pads for street dd and some hard driving here and there. Just wondering if anyone has run Top brakes cross drilled slotted rotors. I know they are cheap but its not like they are pads or oil just rotors right? Thanks in advance for any all help.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 09:22 AM

Need Replacement Pads

Any Reps out there that can help me with buying new brake pads? Looking for Full Set.

Thanks.

Chris
Old Jul 24, 2017, 06:09 PM

Lines are not designed to handle that high pressure.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great info here!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Brake Rotor, Pad, Line, Fluid, and Duct Thread (Evo X)