Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Finally lowered my X

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructions? These springs did'nt even come with instructions, way to save money lol.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinturbogreg

Yes it does. Every set of Eibach springs I have ever installed, the instructions say to cut the bump stops in half. But were men and we never read the instructions
Since the Eibachs are soft and saggy, you'd be hitting the bump stops all the time if you didn't cut them.

My H&R's are nice and firm at the limit, and their instructions tell you to NOT cut the bump stops.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good! did you do it your self, if so how hard was it to do?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

I like
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:27 AM

Looks super good! hope they work as well for you continuously with more mileage!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 02:55 PM

Still riding good, I did install these myself and they were not too bad to install. I guess some springs do not need the bump stops cut. There was nothing in the box that said to cut them at all. Seems to be fine anyway.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:14 PM

So in ways your proving that what I had said in a previous thread before you got them was correct. When I got flamed and people were saying that the car would handle like crap with such a deep drop.
And be worse off with more body roll then factory....
Originally Posted by Ron burgandy
So after a lot of research and debating, I went with megan springs. Now before everyone goes haywire over this, I could not find any reviews or real information on these springs so I decided to try them out and review them. So here it goes and I figured they were only $100 so no real loss. The spring rate is 280 front and 230 rear, they are made out of sae 9254 cold wounded steel. When they arrived at my door step they looked good, installation went smooth. Believe it or not they actually ride really good, not really that harsh. No bottoming out issues either, I hate to say it, but i'm impressed and yes it even handles a little better. I've had many lowered vehicles with coilovers, never springs. These ride alot better than most coilover setups i've used. Here's some pics of before and after. As you can see by the measurements it evens it out perfectly, no more popping a wheelie. I know the drop is a little extreme, but I like how it looks. I'll keep up on updating this thread as I get more mileage on these springs.

Front before
Attachment 158449
Rear before
Attachment 158450
Front after
Attachment 158451
Rear after
Attachment 158452
Final outcome
Attachment 158453
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:18 PM

looks good, i like the agressive stance
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

if you wanna do it right, you can't afford to compromise the suspension over looks. If you take any car that has just been lowered to a track you will definitely compromise the car's overall performance....and that goes the same for ride quality on the street. If all you are going after are looks then that's fine.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 04:32 AM

^^ I agree with you, but this car will never see any type of track. So this is just going to be for the look. I does seem to handle better though, ride quality is going to go away with any suspension modification. Unless you put some sort of air suspension on
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ I agree with you, but this car will never see any type of track. So this is just going to be for the look. I does seem to handle better though, ride quality is going to go away with any suspension modification. Unless you put some sort of air suspension on
Not necessarily.

- Andrew
Old Sep 15, 2010, 09:21 PM

Looks great
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:46 AM

The tien springs I had on my '05 MR will they fit a '11 GTS?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:49 PM

So after a lot of research and debating, I went with megan springs. Now before everyone goes haywire over this, I could not find any reviews or real information on these springs so I decided to try them out and review them. So here it goes and I figured they were only $100 so no real loss. The spring rate is 280 front and 230 rear, they are made out of sae 9254 cold wounded steel. When they arrived at my door step they looked good, installation went smooth. Believe it or not they actually ride really good, not really that harsh. No bottoming out issues either, I hate to say it, but i'm impressed and yes it even handles a little better. I've had many lowered vehicles with coilovers, never springs. These ride alot better than most coilover setups i've used. Here's some pics of before and after. As you can see by the measurements it evens it out perfectly, no more popping a wheelie. I know the drop is a little extreme, but I like how it looks. I'll keep up on updating this thread as I get more mileage on these springs.

Front before
Attachment 158449
Rear before
Attachment 158450
Front after
Attachment 158451
Rear after
Attachment 158452
Final outcome
Attachment 158453
did you have any issues getting your alignment right with this much of a drop?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:32 AM

I got the alignment right back to the factory specs with no add on parts.

Quick Reply: Finally lowered my X