Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

KW Variant 3 Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KW Variant 3 Review

I will preface this entire review by saying. These are the best coilovers I have ever used. I've ridden several other brands on different cars before... Megan's, BCs, Godspeed... all that comes to mind but there's one more.

The subjective review. these things during your daily actual feel a bit softer than stock. until you hit a bump... then it's just a sudden flash of pure stiff *** coilover feel. I can't say whether the car handles better or worse. I got back home one day after SCCA ended in Central Florida.

I can't really provide anything objective other than it is a bit lower. I just wanted to share that I am 100% happy with these. fully adjustable is fantastic. they however don't come with any specific camber adjustment. But the lower control arm can handle a couple degree's, which I had to use to correct mine.

all things considered, as I mentioned these are the best coilovers I've ever felt.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you made the decision to get a set of QUALITY coilovers. A lot of people buy cheap Chinese made coilovers like the ones you listed plus Fortune and think they're awesome, but that's because they haven't tried coilovers like KW, Bilstein, Ohlins etc etc etc. The difference between a China made shock and a quality made shock will be HUGE on a road course. Glad you like them.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:28 PM

How much did you get them for

Where did you get them and how much were they, thanks in advance

QUOTE=h4ckluserr;9864727]I will preface this entire review by saying. These are the best coilovers I have ever used. I've ridden several other brands on different cars before... Megan's, BCs, Godspeed... all that comes to mind but there's one more.

The subjective review. these things during your daily actual feel a bit softer than stock. until you hit a bump... then it's just a sudden flash of pure stiff *** coilover feel. I can't say whether the car handles better or worse. I got back home one day after SCCA ended in Central Florida.

I can't really provide anything objective other than it is a bit lower. I just wanted to share that I am 100% happy with these. fully adjustable is fantastic. they however don't come with any specific camber adjustment. But the lower control arm can handle a couple degree's, which I had to use to correct mine.

all things considered, as I mentioned these are the best coilovers I've ever felt.[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought them at Vivid Racing. They were awesome about it too. I found a site selling them for $2100 and they price matched it. The rep that I worked with definitely earned my business. Shipping was fast, and they showed up with everything.

If you call them, and provide them a link to where they are sold for cheaper than their list price they'll match it.

They are a sister company to Agency Power.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Get an autocross on them!

Last edited by Smike; Jan 4, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Good decision to change your set up something which can be called as an upgrade. Now you see it in first hand what is a great start in the coilover world.
i like too KW for dd and for track use. Enjoy it.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Now you understand, coilivers are not about adjustment numbers or any kind of numbers.
it is all about the way they working and the feedback you get from them. Which cant be described by 39 way adjustments ... lol
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

KW's are amazing coilovers. One of the brands we try to fit customers with but sometimes it's out of budget. Glad you are enjoying them.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 07:01 AM

+1 Good info, can you get custom spring rates for these bad boys ?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 07:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
We offer them with custom spring rates and plenty of aftersale support to help you set them up.

- Andrew
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

double post like a boss.

Last edited by GTWORX.com; Jan 4, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know why they did it, but I still find a twin-tude with an external canister to be a messed-up design. But I've seen the dyno plots and they are definitely European, instead of Asian, with regard to rebound vs bump. So, as the saying doesn't actually go: whatever keeps your boat from floating.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:58 AM
Former Sponsor

^ my rule is that i'd take a good quality twin-tube over a crappy monotube every time.

- drew
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by h4ckluserr
I will preface this entire review by saying. These are the best coilovers I have ever used. I've ridden several other brands on different cars before... Megan's, BCs, Godspeed... all that comes to mind but there's one more.

Love the points of reference. They must feel like suspension ambrosia compared to those ebay specials you've riden in.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:25 AM

If your happy now , wait till you get this corner weighed and balanced with kmac camber plates the possibilities is endless, great coils

Quick Reply: KW Variant 3 Review