Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Slight Wobble Over Bumps, Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight Wobble Over Bumps, Please Help!!!

Ok so I just lowered my car about a week ago on RCE GTWorks Tarmac Sport Springs. They settled for a week and I have an appointment for an alignment this week. I just put on my new wheels. 18x10.5 with 275/35/18 rubber.

I also installed the Whiteline rear adjustable lower control arms so they are ready for my alignment in a few days. I adjusted them to the same length as the stock arms and installed them.

I was driving it today after putting all these things on and I notice a slight side to side wobble when I go over bumps. Any ideas? I know the alignment isn't done yet so that could be causing it. I know the rear wheels are cambered negative a bit from the lowering springs, fronts are not as noticeable.

So could it be due to that I have not done my alignment yet or could the Whiteline roll center kit possibly solve this issue? I have no idea. The wobble just started after putting all these things on today.
Old May 11, 2013, 06:31 PM

I drove it again and it almost feels like the rear of the car is wobbling left or right on bumps.
Old May 11, 2013, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

I recommend hub centric rings and check ur bolts.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:59 AM

I have hub centric rings on the wheels and all bolts have been checked. wheel lugs and all control arm fasteners and all torqued to the proper specifications. Also there is no vibration on the highway if the lugs were off I'd probably feel it on the highway at 120kph (75mph).

Last edited by Evo-l; May 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old May 12, 2013, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When you have a terrible alignment, the car will pull or push when one tire has more grip than the others, such as when one tire is on a bumps. I would not worry about this until after the alignment. I would also get the alignment sooner, rather than later; please note that the only time that quality springs need time to "settle" is when they weren't installed very well.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:09 PM

Ok thanks, I know the springs are installed correctly but wanted to give them a little bit of time just in case. I had to get my fenders rolled so wanted to make sure they were seated right to make sure I had the clearance after my fender roll and to make sure I didn't have to repeat the alignment in a few days. I'm getting the alignment done at the end of the week and I'll report back after its done!