Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

re71r

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re71r

Post this on the evo 1-9 section oops, but here you go again lol

Just installed these tires on a 18x10+20 ze40's.

First impression: Driving on the street: like many ppl said they do make weird noises on some surfaces, but it didn't bother me much, since I have all sorts of noise coming from my turbo pbv and exhaust.

Comfort-wise. I actually thought they are more comfortable than my Federal 595rs-r or the stock a13. size and profile may have made a difference, since i had 265/35/18's 595rs-r's. Other than that I couldn't tell a difference in performance on the street.

Performance (Track): Yesterday I went to Buttonwillow in CA ran the 13 CW. (First Impression): Like all bridgestone tires, these have really stiff sidewalls. Turn In was perfectly how i liked it. Overall it gripped very well since i can floor it exiting some corners as i couldnt with my 595's before. I didn't know what PSI to set it to so i started off with 30psi cold .

Braking was great, but it might have also been the fact that i upgraded my rotors, new pads, lighter wheels, and fresh brake fluid. lost about 30lbs of rotating mass compared to before, so that may have affected the stopping power a lot more than before.

The temperature at the track was pretty cool yesterday around 70 degrees. I didn't really have to warm up the tires and right off the bat they were grippy as hell. In my first few laps i can definitely feel I was going way faster than when I was in my 595 rs-r's. My feelings were right, i did a 2:06 on the first couple of laps in my first session. (Previously my best was a 2:07 on the 595 rsr).

As the day gone by, the temperature went up. I checked my tire pressure i was around 35psi hot, i had no complaints so i left it at that. These tires are pretty amazing, i never had over heating issues like i did with my 595rsr (in my 595rsr i would start losing grip around the 5th lap, those tires got greasy).

The re71r's were very consistent and I felt very confidant in them. One of my session i did 11 laps and these tires handled it like a champ. My best lap of the day was 2:04 in my last session of the day. Temperatures went up to around 8x degrees, but these tires never lost it. Improvements should be easy. (until next time!)

Overall: I love these tires, so far I have nothing bad to say about them. I don't know how long they will last, since i've only drive about 500 miles on them. (350 back and forth from home to the track and back home, 110 miles track miles, and some random driving here and there).

Well thats about it
Old Oct 20, 2015, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Braking is good when you change tires usually means it's due to the tires.

The tires stop your car. The brakes stop your wheels which stop your tires.

I run the same tire and wheel combo, but + 30. In low temps, I'm sliding a ton when I don't have enough heat, but that's to be expected.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roen

I run the same tire and wheel combo, but + 30. In low temps, I'm sliding a ton when I don't have enough heat, but that's to be expected.
Thanks for the clarification =]
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Roen

If the pads were an upgrade over what he had, better braking can definitely be partially attributed to the new pads. It's not like he had bald all season junk tires on the car before...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Excellent overall tire to run. Thanks for the feedback!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 05:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I threw on a set about a month ago and went autox'ing the next day. Spent the entire first run in awe of the grip. Completely transformed the car. Def recommend!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you do a track day, does the entire back of your car get coated with soot? Mine does this, really bad on a white car, and I'm trying to figure out if there is something I can do.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 09:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
That's probably exhaust, not the tires. The X's do that...
Old Oct 26, 2015, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yeah, most definitely exhaust, and sorry for the confusion since it's a total off topic question. Just figured I'd ask someone else who has a white X and tracks it.