Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers with Air Piston Lift System - Evo X

Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers with Air Piston Lift System - Evo X

Anybody have any experience with this coilover unit or know somebody that does? I'm interested to hear some feedback on it as it looks like a pretty cool suspension component.

https://www.dsgperformance.com/fortu...t-system-evo-x
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone using them before, are they new? It looks like you can get the optional remote damper system too which is pretty cool. If I wasn't a poor peasant I'd be happy to try them out and report back lol
Old Apr 19, 2017, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jakgal04
I haven't heard of anyone using them before, are they new? It looks like you can get the optional remote damper system too which is pretty cool. If I wasn't a poor peasant I'd be happy to try them out and report back lol
Yea, its a new release to my knowledge and I thought the same thing. I was wondering how this coilover stacked up against others such as Ohlins and KW.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I have a set of FA 500 coilovers on my wife's Ralliart. Nice adjustability, dyno'd in-house by FA with Swift Spring upgrades and corresponding valving for "light track use". Made for a good street coil with a nice, neutral balance on the two HPDE events I ran with it before buying my Evo. Lasted 45,000mi before the fronts needed a rebuild. Now they're in a box.....

I don't think they're as good as the Ohlins I've had limited time driving in a buddy's car but certainly up there with the KW Variant 2 stuff I've owned on VW applications. (Dear God, why do I have to buy coilovers for every car I own??)

The air piston lift is pretty cool. Saw it at H2O a couple years back.