Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Konig milligram 18x9.5+25 wheel results

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Konig milligram 18x9.5+25 wheel results

This thread is to post my fitment/results.

The wheels are made by konig via license for MAT technology from enkei.
So they are basically Enkei wheels which I have been running for ages without issue (cracks, track abuse, etc).

At 9.5 width they only weigh 19.5lbs. Pretty decent.

http://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-f...eels/milligram

The tires are pilot super sports 265/35/18

I am currently STOCK height and was able to get the rear to rub with SPIRITED mountain driving. So looks like a fender roll is in order for the rear before lowering. Thinking of going with swift sport springs. I already had eibach springs on the car and hated them so much I put the stock springs back on.

The fronts at FULL LOCK just barely touch the front plastics (vent areas). I can fix that with either some zip ties or safety wire or a little heat and a push. BARELY touches and only at full lock.

~Jaraxle
Old May 12, 2017, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaraxle
This thread is to post my fitment/results.

The wheels are made by konig via license for MAT technology from enkei.
So they are basically Enkei wheels which I have been running for ages without issue (cracks, track abuse, etc).

At 9.5 width they only weigh 19.5lbs. Pretty decent.

http://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-f...eels/milligram

The tires are pilot super sports 265/35/18

I am currently STOCK height and was able to get the rear to rub with SPIRITED mountain driving. So looks like a fender roll is in order for the rear before lowering. Thinking of going with swift sport springs. I already had eibach springs on the car and hated them so much I put the stock springs back on.

The fronts at FULL LOCK just barely touch the front plastics (vent areas). I can fix that with either some zip ties or safety wire or a little heat and a push. BARELY touches and only at full lock.

~Jaraxle
What is your camber?
Old May 13, 2017, 08:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any pictures? Curious to see how they look on the car.
Old May 14, 2017, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

@moparfan - I have the factory alignment currently, which I don't have the specs on hand.

@honeymelon - I will post pics when it stops raining here NEXT YEAR! It has literally been raining for a month. Everyone just has to not flame for the 4x4 look... lol..

~Jaraxle
Old May 15, 2017, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
pictures - prices? OEM TPMS fits?
Old May 15, 2017, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
on the side note, you should not rub with 9.5 wide and +25 off set with my experience
Old May 16, 2017, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pictures! Pictures!
Dirty? Who cares? Cars that are enjoyed get dirty.
Old May 16, 2017, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Fine!

Not a WORD about how dirty she is... little ***** lets me ride her everyday to WORK and back...
and no 4x4 trash talk!

passenger side, point from front of car to rear to show the *poke* of rear tire.. just about flush.

~Jaraxle
The following users liked this post:
Sawdust (May 17, 2017)
Old May 17, 2017, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they look great! Like Rob, I'm also kinda surprised you rub, especially with the 265/35 (smaller overall diameter from stock). Like you mentioned...little massage with a heat gun, job done.

#No4x4ShameHere

I daily drive my Evo, too. To at least help the wheel gap front-to-rear, I put Swift Sport springs on the fronts only, kept the stock springs on the rear. I do have taller 255/40 tires though, which fill more of the wheel well. Something to consider if you don't want to take the full plunge into all-out lowering:

Name:  aa884e07-9615-466f-9ec7-c0b7fb4b7337_zpssesry4y3.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  497.8 KB
Drag DR49 18x9 +28 with 255/40 Cooper RS3-S, slight rub on front plastic inner fender at full lock (heat gun+wooden spoon=no more rub)
Old May 17, 2017, 10:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
#nodirtyshame

Old May 18, 2017, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackRaven
I think they look great! Like Rob, I'm also kinda surprised you rub, especially with the 265/35 (smaller overall diameter from stock). Like you mentioned...little massage with a heat gun, job done.

#No4x4ShameHere

I daily drive my Evo, too. To at least help the wheel gap front-to-rear, I put Swift Sport springs on the fronts only, kept the stock springs on the rear. I do have taller 255/40 tires though, which fill more of the wheel well. Something to consider if you don't want to take the full plunge into all-out lowering:

Drag DR49 18x9 +28 with 255/40 Cooper RS3-S, slight rub on front plastic inner fender at full lock (heat gun+wooden spoon=no more rub)
So do you notice any unbalance in stiffness with the Swift Sports on the front only? My buddy had mentioned that I should try that, so its perfect that you mentioned it.

I knew I was going to get it from you guys for my filthy car! I will be adjusting my tune this week since I put in a test-pipe (had MilSpec 200 cell cat). Seems knock numbers have dropped from random 2-3 to random 1. So I am should hit over 400 at the wheels this weekend (220hp baseline)... Question is do I bother to wash it before going to the track!?

~Jaraxle
Old May 21, 2017, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It does look great! Right under 20 lbs isnt too bad for 9.5 wide. How much you paid for wheels?
Old May 22, 2017, 02:24 PM
EvoM Guru

So do you notice any unbalance in stiffness with the Swift Sports on the front only? My buddy had mentioned that I should try that, so its perfect that you mentioned it.

I knew I was going to get it from you guys for my filthy car! I will be adjusting my tune this week since I put in a test-pipe (had MilSpec 200 cell cat). Seems knock numbers have dropped from random 2-3 to random 1. So I am should hit over 400 at the wheels this weekend (220hp baseline)... Question is do I bother to wash it before going to the track!?

~Jaraxle
wash and wax for less drag
Old May 22, 2017, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

what a deal

Originally Posted by Chef-j
It does look great! Right under 20 lbs isnt too bad for 9.5 wide. How much you paid for wheels?
You won't believe it. The theory is this: Amazon must auto lower the price of items sitting in their warehouse for a long period or something. Because I was looking for these wheels and one night noticed FOUR NEW (and only 4) for sale on amazon by amazon in an amazon warehouse for $115 each... That's it. Insane! I grabbed those four and when I searched again the price was back up to normal. I was going to buy more and flip'em !

~Jaraxle
Old May 22, 2017, 04:55 PM
EvoM Guru

You won't believe it. The theory is this: Amazon must auto lower the price of items sitting in their warehouse for a long period or something. Because I was looking for these wheels and one night noticed FOUR NEW (and only 4) for sale on amazon by amazon in an amazon warehouse for $115 each... That's it. Insane! I grabbed those four and when I searched again the price was back up to normal. I was going to buy more and flip'em !

~Jaraxle
are there 4 available? in my experience when something like this pops up its usually not a complete set...

Quick Reply: Konig milligram 18x9.5+25 wheel results