Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Has anyone used the Hankook RS4s yet?

Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone used the Hankook RS4s yet?

It's time for me to get some new tires for track days and at the moment I plan on getting the RS4s since they seem to have good grip and wear well. Haven't been able to find much info on them though. Anyone have experience with them?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I have them on my NC Miata (245/40-17), only 1 autox so far and no track time on them yet. they're useless for autox as they need a warmup lap, the first run is a throw away run, and even on the 2nd and 3rd run they're still not fully warmed up. at the end of the day I was able to do about 6-7 runs in a row and each run my times dropping.

so in my experience they make for a good track tire. Also talked to an s2k guy with these, he said they get stickier as they wear and they never overheated or got greasy on him, thats at socal tracks.

I realize its a little different for an Evo X being so much heavier, but I still think its the best 200tw track tire currently. Most tire manufactures go for autox performance in the 200tw catergory, seams like Hankook went for track performance with the RS4
The following users liked this post:
kevo10 (Aug 10, 2017)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
I have them on my NC Miata (245/40-17), only 1 autox so far and no track time on them yet. they're useless for autox as they need a warmup lap, the first run is a throw away run, and even on the 2nd and 3rd run they're still not fully warmed up. at the end of the day I was able to do about 6-7 runs in a row and each run my times dropping.

so in my experience they make for a good track tire. Also talked to an s2k guy with these, he said they get stickier as they wear and they never overheated or got greasy on him, thats at socal tracks.

I realize its a little different for an Evo X being so much heavier, but I still think its the best 200tw track tire currently. Most tire manufactures go for autox performance in the 200tw catergory, seams like Hankook went for track performance with the RS4
Thanks! They sound promising. Mine just came in yesterday. I'm going to try them out at Gridlife (Road Atlanta) on the 26th.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:42 AM
EvoM Guru

actually just did a track day on them yesterday, super hot day, over 95*F, the tires didn't fade at all... but this is in a 2500lb miata...

what size did you get? post pics

Last edited by WarmMilk; Aug 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: fixed temp from C to F
Old Aug 11, 2017, 03:20 PM

actually just did a track day on them yesterday, super hot day, over 95*F, the tires didn't fade at all... but this is in a 2500lb miata...

what size did you get? post pics
I got 275/35/18; also have a SSP undertray I need to put on
Old Aug 11, 2017, 03:34 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Sounds like my NT-01s. They were not happy my first couple runs. But that was to be expected.

This is all good news for me. Unless there is a different tire out when I'm ready, I plan to go back to Hankook. I do love the grip on my Nittos, but the price point is just a bit more than I'm comfortable with. The R-S3 was such a great tire for the reasons you listed.. I was hoping the R-S4 would be too.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 03:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kevo10
I got 275/35/18; also have a SSP undertray I need to put on
snip
They look a lot beefier than mine...