Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anyone know about Konig Swurve wheels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should save up money for better quality rims.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoatcha
And where are these better rims for $160 each? I've been looking for a couple weeks now. I challenge you to find new 18x9.5 wheels for $160 each. C'mon...impress me!
These are 18x8.5, still not my likings but may be good for you?
xxr-rims-phantom-black-3
Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay guys, let's refocus. Sorry I wasn't more specific in my original post. I'm really not interested to read what people think about the LOOKS of these wheels. I can see pictures of them and decide for myself about the looks, duh. Everybody has their own opinion concerning looks, and I really don't want to go down that road, because that will just distract us from exchanging useful information. Think about it...how useful is it for me to know that you think these wheels are ugly? Right, not useful at all.

So please, guys, do me a favor and keep this thread on track with a discussion of Konig manufacturing quality, durability, and fitment of these wheels. Again, my apologies for not making that clear when I started this thread.

As I mentioned earlier, according to what I've been told, this wheel weighs only 20.3 pounds and costs only $160. That's incredibly cheap and light for an 18x9.5 wheel. How do they do it? Is that weight correct? Will they dent at the first tiny pothole?

And yeah, I was thinking backwards about the +15 offset needing spacers. On the contrary, a wheel with a +15 offset will probably need rolled fenders on an Evo X, which I am not interested in doing.

Looks like the best offset for a 9.5" wide wheel is +25 to +30 on a stock Evo X. So in theory the 18x9.5+25 Konig Swurve should fit fine. Let me know if you have PROOF otherwise. Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Another choice I'm considering is the Enkei RZ5 at $175 each, but they apparently weight 26 pounds each for the 18x9.5 size. That's heavy!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Okay guys, let's refocus. Sorry I wasn't more specific in my original post. I'm really not interested to read what people think about the LOOKS of these wheels. I can see pictures of them and decide for myself about the looks, duh. Everybody has their own opinion concerning looks, and I really don't want to go down that road, because that will just distract us from exchanging useful information. Think about it...how useful is it for me to know that you think these wheels are ugly? Right, not useful at all.

So please, guys, do me a favor and keep this thread on track with a discussion of Konig manufacturing quality, durability, and fitment of these wheels. Again, my apologies for not making that clear when I started this thread.

As I mentioned earlier, according to what I've been told, this wheel weighs only 20.3 pounds and costs only $160. That's incredibly cheap and light for an 18x9.5 wheel. How do they do it? Is that weight correct? Will they dent at the first tiny pothole?

And yeah, I was thinking backwards about the +15 offset needing spacers. On the contrary, a wheel with a +15 offset will probably need rolled fenders on an Evo X, which I am not interested in doing.

Looks like the best offset for a 9.5" wide wheel is +25 to +30 on a stock Evo X. So in theory the 18x9.5+25 Konig Swurve should fit fine. Let me know if you have PROOF otherwise. Thanks!
Fit fine, look ugly. It will be a disgrace to the Evo community.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

How about keeping your stock wheels? It seems to me you are buying wheels just to buy wheels. Do you have any concern for quality at all? Or, are you just in the market for wheels because you see other people buying them and feel an insatiable desire to keep up with the Joneses?

And to those recommending Rotas....WTF? Have we truly devolved into the blind leading the blind around here?

Last edited by EvolvedVIII; Apr 29, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

They are better than Konigs for gods sake, its obvious the kids hurting for money...oh wait lets tell him to buy some Volks or Works, because we all know they are just a little bit more than 170 a wheel.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:54 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
They are better than Konigs for gods sake, its obvious the kids hurting for money...oh wait lets tell him to buy some Volks or Works, because we all know they are just a little bit more than 170 a wheel.
No they aren't. It's like saying one turd is better than another because it doesn't have corn in it.

I never told him to buy Volks, I told him to keep his stock wheels.

If he's hurting for money he has no business buying wheels.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

If you went cheap Rotas are your best bet. I suggest save money I personally would never go with Konig
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

It's funny what some people assume about other people on this forum. At 45 years old I can't really be called a kid anymore. I have a very good job at a large and successful company here in Minneapolis. I own my own home and am not rich but certainly not hurting for money either.

Like most people I'm always looking for a good deal and I appreciate good value for my dollar. Despite the prevailing opinion that these Konig wheels are not attractive, they seem seem very light and inexpensive. I'm just trying to get more information about their quality, because when something seems too good to be true, it's usually false.

I'm keeping the stock wheels as my winter wheels. I want wider wheels for summer and track driving. That's why I'm going to 9.5" wide.

Thanks in advance for any good information anyone has about this wheel.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

It's funny what some people assume about other people on this forum. At 45 years old I can't really be called a kid anymore. I have a very good job at a large and successful company here in Minneapolis. I own my own home and am not rich but certainly not hurting for money either.

Like most people I'm always looking for a good deal and I appreciate good value for my dollar. Despite the prevailing opinion that these Konig wheels are not attractive, they seem seem very light and inexpensive. I'm just trying to get more information about their quality, because when something seems too good to be true, it's usually false.

Thanks in advance for any good information anyone has about this wheel.
Assumptions generally occur for a reason. When you see a guy walk into a bank wearing a ski mask is it not safe to assume he is going to rob it?

People assumed that you were hard-up for cash and young because those are usually the types that occupy this market level of aftermarket wheels.

I am speaking from a quality stand-point when I say this. Please do yourself and your vehicle justice and abstain from putting these on your car.

You may want to consider some affordable, quality wheels from such companies as Enkei or Work Wheels Emotion line.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:33 PM

Junk wheels I would never put crap like that on any evo. Volk,SSR,Prodrive,Advan,Rays come on get it together.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
You may want to consider some affordable, quality wheels from such companies as Enkei or Work Wheels Emotion line.
I agree with the Enkei as well, hell they make ALL the wheels, I just found out last weekend, and I mean everything!!!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

I ran some 17x9.5 Enkei NT03+M wheels on my Evo VIII and I liked them. I could get some 18x9.5 Enkei NT03+Ms for $268 each but I think they weigh at least 24 pounds each. I'm a big fan of reducing unsprung rotational weight, and that means lightweight wheels and rotors. The superlight 20 pound weight of the Konig Swurves has me intrigued, and my buddy at the tire shop is offering a very generous return policy, so I just might try them out, since I have nothing to lose. I'll be sure to let you guys know how they work out.

By the way, y'all say you hate the Konigs so much, but I'm still waiting for somebody to recommend a different 18x9.5 wheel that weighs less than 21 pounds and costs less than $200. Put your info where your mouth is! ;o)
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
I agree with the Enkei as well, hell they make ALL the wheels, I just found out last weekend, and I mean everything!!!
Correct. They make AME and Advan just to name a few.

Quick Reply: Anyone know about Konig Swurve wheels?