Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

GTWORX EVO X TARMAC SPORT SPRINGS PICS installed !

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by disturbedfan121
DD can't get to much worse or the gf will complain lol

Until there's a ring on her finger, she doesn't have the right to complain lol
Old Jan 21, 2011, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgtr275
Until there's a ring on her finger, she doesn't have the right to complain lol
she knows its coming at somepoint..its been 5+yrs lol
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by disturbedfan121
she knows its coming at somepoint..its been 5+yrs lol
I feel ya. I just hit the 5yr mark with my gf. But seriously, you gotta just put your foot down. If she don't like the ride, she can drive her own damn car. If you don't, imagine married life...next thing you know you'll have a hello kitty steering wheel, mirror and license plate holder and you'll be doing the laundry, cleaning the house and cooking HER food. That's wrong I tell ya, just plain wrong.

j/k...

or am I...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by blk-majik

Appearance

The pictures pretty much sum it up. They didn't drop any from what you see in the pics, as far as I can tell. I'll wait a little longer and take another pictures for everyone, just to show. It's a significant drop, but still plenty of room to fit some wider wheels without having to worry about rolling the fenders or anything. I'm more of a function before form guy, but I really dig the look. It's not totally slammed, but it does make the car look a lot nicer.
can you post a few more pics from some other angles? also, do you have spacers on you wheels? cant tell from the angle in the pics
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

So the rates are pretty much identical to the Spec-R? They are around 300 (5.5K)? What are the differences? Looks like you have more rake, but what else? Yes I have the Spec-R but they are still sitting in my garage, not a fanboi question.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:03 AM

It's good to see that some manufacturers actually put an emphasis on function over looks. Is there any chance of these working on the "lesser" Lancers?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Would be cool to see some more pics of these installed at different angles...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002
So the rates are pretty much identical to the Spec-R? They are around 300 (5.5K)? What are the differences? Looks like you have more rake, but what else? Yes I have the Spec-R but they are still sitting in my garage, not a fanboi question.
They are indeed very close to Spec Rs, which was not our intention as we started our development a while before any specs on their springs were released. I think our drop overall is a little bit less, which is sort of a GTWORX trademark to maintain slightly better travel and geometry. Admittedly the drop's are pretty close. We found that with the EVO X there is a minimum amount of drop you have to go to get good solid spring rates out of the springs before they block.

Originally Posted by Lost Viking
It's good to see that some manufacturers actually put an emphasis on function over looks. Is there any chance of these working on the "lesser" Lancers?
Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think they work on regular Lancers.

- Andrew
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Is it advised to cut the bumpstops?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by warmmilk
can you post a few more pics from some other angles? also, do you have spacers on you wheels? cant tell from the angle in the pics
No spacers. I'll try to take a few more pictures. Right now we have almost a foot of snow in the way, so I'll wait til it gets a bit nicer and this mess melts
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
No spacers. I'll try to take a few more pictures. Right now we have almost a foot of snow in the way, so I'll wait til it gets a bit nicer and this mess melts

No, go out and let us know how well it handles the heavy snow .... this is my biggest concern related to lowering the car.. snow. I'm guessing since this is a funtional drop it should be fine, but seems like this week will give you a good opportunity to give us a good snow test.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
They are indeed very close to Spec Rs, which was not our intention as we started our development a while before any specs on their springs were released. I think our drop overall is a little bit less, which is sort of a GTWORX trademark to maintain slightly better travel and geometry. Admittedly the drop's are pretty close. We found that with the EVO X there is a minimum amount of drop you have to go to get good solid spring rates out of the springs before they block.

- Andrew
Great now I have a doubt. Did you guys really have to go and release these right before I was gonna install the Spec-R's? Are you going to release the roll bar too? I thought you guys were aiming to release a set. I'm thinking about a RSB and I don't need you guys releasing a nice one right after I buy something
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Haha, no worries. The rear bar is slated for a spring release....if you can't wait don't sweat getting a Whiteline. It is easy to install later though and you won't need an alignment.

- Andrew
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
nope, the first 30miles if VERY bumpy is all it takes. If one were to drive on VERY smooth roads it could take a while, but I did a good amount of bumps and rough roads after the install to take the springs thru their full range of motion which is what settles them.

Mw
The stance looks very nice!

But about settling... I think the car would go lower too. When I put springs on my last car... yes it went down after driving it for a bit. But over the next few weeks the car kept getting lower and lower.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:52 AM
Former Sponsor

With our springs for various cars (STI, WRX, EVO) we've noticed that there is very little settling after the first day of driving, maybe 100 miles or so. This is a thousand or so sets since I think 2006.

- andrew

Last edited by GTWORX.com; Feb 1, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: GTWORX EVO X TARMAC SPORT SPRINGS PICS installed !