Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

GTWORX EVO X TARMAC SPORT SPRINGS PICS installed !

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look on the front struts at the bottom bolt, see if the red dot/arrow are pointing in different directions. These can be moved to adjust the camber. An alignment machine will tell the person aligning the car that camber is not adjustable when in fact you can. These bolts/nuts can be mistakenly reinstalled differently resulting in different camber on each side.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Got my alignment fixed by Mike Collins at Performance Race Solutions here in Orlando. They do all my work, and certainly know their ****. Going to re-balance and clean off the gunk from the fugly wheel weights tomorrow
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Installed a set - Review

Installed and my impression: Firm, yes, a bit bouncy, BUT very compliant, and I'm surprised how well they work with OEM KYB (GSR) dampers. I've had RCE springs (Yellow and blacks) on WRXs that I've owned in the past (05 wagon OEM shocks, 06 sedan with Tokicos), and they were fantastic for performance, with a decent look for drop, but were often harsh (especially on my 06 sedan with Yellows), so I was a bit weary going with these.

Great response, turn is amplified, flat, zero brake dive, compliments the 27mm Whiteline rear sway perfectly, a bit of understeer that sets earlier with light throttle but corrected with additional throttle, and masters the long sweeper undulations, which plagues most aftermarket spring with OEM dampers.

My only other experience with the X and springs are with a set of Eibachs that I had for less than 1k miles until I took them off. Looked great, rode well, handled horribly, with tons more understeer, muted turn in/steering response, and lacked mid course/turn adjustment and feel. I've driven an X with Swifts (non Rs) and it was much of the same, though with better turn in than the Eibachs. Last, where H&Rs which exhibited the same issues as the Eibachs but worse.

My experience with coilovers on an X are only with a friends Fortune and well, they're fantastic, and one day plan to make the upgrade for a set.

Measured from center of wheel to fender:
Front Right 14 3/8
Front Left 14 1/4
Rear Right 14 5/8
Rear Left 14 5/8

Last edited by Yoo Shin; Jun 25, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:29 PM

looks good slight drop good for DDing