Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

20mm wheel spacers

Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not trying to thread-jack or anything, i just want to tell you my experience with spacers and if anyone could tell me why they are acting up it would be greatly appreciated...

Last night i put Ichieba (prob spelt wrong ) 15mm spacers on my gsr with both my stock wheels and my rotas (18x9.5)...Of course with the hub centric adapters

While the stock wheels looked a world better, the 20mm would defiantly be the way to go if you want it perfectly flush...and with the rotas the wheels actually stick out of the fender a little bit which is the look i wanted so i left them on until the winter.

Driving the car after felt a little sluggish but this is probably do to the rotas being a little heavier than stock, doubt you will feel a difference with stock wheels. My only complaint is i got the dreaded vibration through the steering wheel which i thought i would avoid with the hub centric rings. But after reading a thread on the g35 forums i think the problem is the ring is too inset with the icheba spacers, and it isnt contacting the wheel hub enough to sit properly... so there solution was to get #10 copper wire and basically make a ring to act as a crush washer to push the ring out a little further into the wheel. a few people found that it fixed the problem, so i guess thats my next project...

Hoped this helped...if i were to do it again i would get 1 piece spacers...not the ones with the removable hub ring...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The__J__Factor
^ Id be interested in the spacers if you will send to australia?
The shipping charges would easily be more expensive than the actual spacers. To me, it wouldn't be worth it, but that would be up to you.
Originally Posted by SeanM505
your on eibach srpings that is one inch in the rear and 1.2 in the front? and its rubbing?
It's closer to an inch and a half all around after they settle...like I said, it rubs the rear fender when there's the weight of two people in the back seat (so the rear squats a bit more) and I take a turn at speed. This could be taken care of with a rear fender roll, I just never felt like doing that.

Originally Posted by tlsole
Can someone post a picture of the rear at a leveled angle, with the tires showing.. possibly with and without mudflaps..
This is all I have for a side shot
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:29 PM

Can you give me a price shipped to toronto? Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
RX8 has 5x114.3 PCD, 67.1 Center Bore, and uses 12x1.5 studs
Evo X has 5x114.3 PCD, 67.1 center bore, and uses 12x1.5 studs

No problems! Also, we've got excellent pricing on H&R spacers.
Thanks! I actually scrapped the whole idea of getting some spacers. I bought some volk te's instead! Lol
Old Nov 1, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

hi guys

I have 20mm spacer all around on stock bbs wheels + swift spring spec-r. it looks great but when I turn the wheel max left, there is a light touch of front right wheel on the inside of the fender.

does anyone has this problem?

thx

Last edited by tnn35; Nov 1, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

is there any downside performance wise when running spacers?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tnn35
hi guys

I have 20mm spacer all around on stock bbs wheels + swift spring spec-r. it looks great but when I turn the wheel max left, there is a light touch of front right wheel on the inside of the fender.

thx
The problem is only when the wheel is cranked all the way? I have this problem but it's very minor. I don't even run spacers, and I still knick the inside of the fender too. I wouldn''t worry too much about it.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:36 PM

A nice set of springs would suit those spacers well!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by BAMFevo
The problem is only when the wheel is cranked all the way? I have this problem but it's very minor. I don't even run spacers, and I still knick the inside of the fender too. I wouldn''t worry too much about it.
What size tires? Are your fenders rolled?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:38 AM

[quote=tnn35;9714715]hi guys

do you have picture ?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

ok here is the picture as requested.

BAMFevo, yes it has to be all the way left or right and going reverse. thanks for confirming. I think this problem is because of lower, not caused by spacer.
Attached Thumbnails 20mm wheel spacers-evox.jpg  
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by grant_ca1
What size tires? Are your fenders rolled?
Conti DW 245/40/18. Fenders are not rolled. I never have this problem unless wheel is, like i said before, cranked ALL the way to either side. I never turn hard with the wheel like that nor does it affect normal driving, so I just deal with it and be careful and try to take it slow when I know they're gonna rub a bit.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

tnn35 - You have this problem going in reverse? Mine happens in reverse when leaving my garage but past that, nothing. And np, hope it helps.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got my 20mm spacers on my GSR... fits very nice. The rear seems like it could go a little further. I would even try 25mm.. but ill just keep this till i get new rims

my rear fender are shaved, it looks perfectly stock and smooth as hell. The front fender, all i needed was to tuck the black plastic pieces back a little. turns out, it's totally not necessary for 20mm stock
Old Nov 6, 2011, 02:40 PM

do you have to install new stud extenders to use 20 mm or stock studs will be fine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20mm wheel spacers