Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ATEQ Mitsureset TMPS Tool

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATEQ Mitsureset not working

Hi, hope someone might be able to help...I have a 2012 Lancer SE and bought a Mitsureset and an Ateq VT15 trigger tool. As any Ateq user probably agrees, their instructions are useless. I've been trying to reset the sensors in my summer wheels for about 6 weeks now with no luck. Have updated the Mitsureset with WebVT, and also returned it for a new one from Rock Auto thinking the first one was bad. (Rock Auto had the best price that I could find, and they are branded "Standard Motor Products" but the Mitsureset comes in the box.) Have tried the VT15 and also a generic trigger that works fine on my 2015 Silverado and neither one works on the Lancer. Emailed Ateq and got no response. Called Ateq and their phone support is useless, they basically read you their crappy instruction page. They also said the VT15 is not updateable, even though their website and FAQ have specific information on how to update it. But when I downloaded the VT15 firmware update and then tried to update it, WebVT says "update available" and says it's 100% complete but then when you refresh it says it's still obsolete and the update doesn't seem to be applied. Bought the car used last spring and there was no TPMS warning light. Put on winter wheels and tires last fall and the dealer was able to reset the TPMS so I know both sets of sensors work. I plug in the Mitsureset and the light flashes green. Turn the ignition to "on". Push the "on" button on the Mitsureset and the light flashes slowly yellow. Try triggering the sensors at the tire sidewall and the trigger tool light comes on, but nothing happens to let you know the sensor has been activated. I'm so frustrated at this point and don't know what else to try so if anyone knows the secret I'd love to hear it, thanks.

Last edited by mikepol2; Apr 22, 2018 at 10:04 AM. Reason: update to resutls
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hello there,the solution is simple:
1. with engine OFF, connect the MitsuReset
2. Turn ON the car but not the ignition
3. Turn ON the MitsuReset - you should see that the light changes to ORANGE, and should be blinking very, very slow
4. Turn ON the ATEQ VT15
5. Select your car, or select new car, you have to do this everytime so it will reset the Ateq else, everything will fail
6. Select the number of tires
7. Click enter then go to the Left Front Tire as indicated, press the Transmit or antenna button - it will try to find your TPMS
8. If Left Front tire is OK then click enter and the indicator will change to Right Front Tire, go to the Front Right Tire and press Transmit or antenna button.
9. As with step 8, repeat for the right Rear tire and Rear left Tire.
10. If everything were detected, check your MitsuReset and you should see that is is GREEN now, meaning successful - Turn the Car to OFF and turn OFF the MitsuReset
11. Remove the MitsuReset and you can start the car normally and you find that the TPMS alarm is gone.Hope this helps - it took me a lot of time to figure this out - the issue was the ATEQ was always looking on the previously programmed in the memory thus, it fails hence, always start with a New Car!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 02:00 PM

You must be thinking of a different trigger tool...I have the VT15, which only has two buttons, start and stop, for transmitting the trigger signal. I've been able to update both the VT15 and the Mitsureset with WebVT, and yes I get the slow blinking orange light on the Mitsureset, but the trigger tool is not doing anything.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 06:17 PM

your issue is TIMING
1 - timing, the mitsuReset will time out within a specified period of time if all TPMS sensors are not detected,
2 - ATEQ VT15 is scanning a lot of type of TPMS sensors thus, surely, your set-up will not work since your VT15 is not programmed specifically for that type of TPMS.

solution is to purchase another ATEQ VT30 which you can use to set the TPMS sensors for Mitsubishi - no guessing of what type of sensors.
I am doing this relearn process in less than 3 minutes (from the time I started programming the VT30 to a new Mitsubishi car).

i think VT30 is the cheapest.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by lanxe
your issue is TIMING
1 - timing, the mitsuReset will time out within a specified period of time if all TPMS sensors are not detected,
2 - ATEQ VT15 is scanning a lot of type of TPMS sensors thus, surely, your set-up will not work since your VT15 is not programmed specifically for that type of TPMS.

solution is to purchase another ATEQ VT30 which you can use to set the TPMS sensors for Mitsubishi - no guessing of what type of sensors.
I am doing this relearn process in less than 3 minutes (from the time I started programming the VT30 to a new Mitsubishi car).

i think VT30 is the cheapest.
I spoke with Ateq, who said that the VT15 is compatible with my car and the Mitsureset. I already have too much money invested in the VT15 and the Mitsureset to go and buy yet ANOTHER thing from that company. They told me to use the VT15 for 15 seconds on each wheel, but still no luck. That damn orange light just keeps single blinking, like its laughing at me. This is ridiculous. I cannot ever remember having so much trouble with a company's tech support, both by phone and with their printed instructions.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 08:01 PM

what type of TPMS sensors did you put on your tires? should be TPMS 7001/4250B975 in order to work.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 08:22 PM

Not sure...I bought the car used with 19K miles on it a year ago last April, and the TPMS light was not on when I bought it. Had a spare set of wheels/sensors with snow tires installed last fall and the dealership reset the TPMS sensors in the spare wheels. Now this spring when I put the original wheels/sensors and summer tires back on, I bought the Ateq VT15 and Mitsureset, but looks like I'm going to have to go back to the dealership after all.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 09:53 AM

considering these are working before and not now when you tried to reset it, go to your dealership and let them relearn it. If it is successful then, definitely the issue is your VT15 - timing issue else, maybe one or more of your sensors are dead. It is advisable to replace all sensors at the same time to save on the relearn fees. However, if you have a working equipment to do the process, you can just replace the defective TPMS sensor if that is the case.
The following users liked this post:
mikepol2 (Apr 29, 2018)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 06:15 PM

UPDATE: Still cannot get this infuriating Mitsureset to work on my 2012 Lancer SE. Have been working with the Ateq tech support manager personally for about 2 weeks now and still nothing. He confirmed that the VT15 will work with the Mitsureset and had me test it on my 2015 Silverado - worked perfectly on the first try. Have tried it on two separate sets of wheels and cannot get either set to work, but the dealership has reset the sensors in both sets so I know all 8 sensors are working. Bought a new battery for the car today out of desperation thinking maybe that could be the problem but nope, still not working plus I'm out $100 for a new battery that I didn't need yet. Most of the time that damn yellow light just blinks once no matter how long I trigger any of the sensors. Sometimes I can get it to 2 blinks, and once I got it to 4 blinks but that's it. I must have tried 50 times over the past 3 months. If Ateq can figure out what's wrong I'll be sure to post it but for now looks like this thing is hit or miss, works for some people but not for everyone.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 06:43 PM

that VT15 of yours is scanning a lot of TPMS sensor types. Assuming it was able to scanned correctly 2 TPMS sensors within 3 minutes, then you are just half of the relearning process which terminated already hence, failure.
the VT30, the sensor types are set according to the car manufacturer, there is no guessing. It just send those triggers to the TPMS so it will reply and the mitsureset will detect those reply/ies and send to the car. Within 3 minutes, if all TPMS are OK, you are done. Take note, you should always start with a fresh car for every relearning process else, that VT30 stored the last scanned sets and will try to find these parameters when it scanned.
Hence, from the start of my reply, the issue is timing and of course, yours VT15 which cannot do the work within the specified period.
The following users liked this post:
mikepol2 (Aug 1, 2018)
Old Jul 30, 2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by lanxe
that VT15 of yours is scanning a lot of TPMS sensor types. Assuming it was able to scanned correctly 2 TPMS sensors within 3 minutes, then you are just half of the relearning process which terminated already hence, failure.
the VT30, the sensor types are set according to the car manufacturer, there is no guessing. It just send those triggers to the TPMS so it will reply and the mitsureset will detect those reply/ies and send to the car. Within 3 minutes, if all TPMS are OK, you are done. Take note, you should always start with a fresh car for every relearning process else, that VT30 stored the last scanned sets and will try to find these parameters when it scanned.
Hence, from the start of my reply, the issue is timing and of course, yours VT15 which cannot do the work within the specified period.
If you are correct in that the VT15 cannot work with the Mitsureset, and the Ateq tech support manager is wrong, they're an even more incompetent organization than they already seem to be. He assures me that the VT15 is meant to work with the Mitsureset - but of course he hasn't been able to make it happen. I'm returning the Mitsureset to Rock Auto for a refund. It was strange, they shipped it in a Standard Motor Products box, loose with no other internal packaging. I also noticed that Sears, Tirerack, and Amazon have all discontinued selling the Mitsureset. Even if I could afford a VT30, I would not give Ateq one more penny of my hard earned money.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 06:18 PM

UPDATE: I couldn't stand not being able to figure this out, so I bought an Ateq VT31 on the advice of Lanxe and it worked perfectly with the Mitsureset on the first try. I am astonished that a forum member figured out what Ateq's customer support manager could not. I called Ateq today and told the manager that I had been working with that the VT31 worked and he was wrong, the VT15 does not; and furthermore, they need to fix their misleading website and delete the statement that the VT15 works with the Mitsureset. He was shocked and thanked me for the feedback. Sigh. So thanks again Lanxe!