Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Offroad/ "rally" suspension upgrades help.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offroad/ "rally" suspension upgrades help.

Im looking to try and get my Evo X a little more dirty, take her off the beaten path and finally get off my springs and onto some real suspension, but i need something to raise my ride height a significant amount as i want to run bigger all terrain tires. I want something that can take a decent amount of punishment i like going fast on and off road. Any suggestions on what direction i should look into? Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=evo+x+rally+suspension
The following users liked this post:
slowandloud (Sep 29, 2016)
Old Sep 29, 2016, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
There are a couple threads on this already, pretty much the ksport stuff for this is junk, real rally suspension is very expensive. Your better off to just use the factory suspension parts unless you really want to start spending decent money on coilovers.
The following users liked this post:
slowandloud (Sep 29, 2016)
Old Sep 29, 2016, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
There are a couple threads on this already, pretty much the ksport stuff for this is junk, real rally suspension is very expensive. Your better off to just use the factory suspension parts unless you really want to start spending decent money on coilovers.

I can spend a few grand on coilovers, but can those adjust to exceed stock ride height? maybe like ohlins?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 08:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talk to this guy. Robevo RS
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
cheapest would be some used rally suspension form some rally teams or something very entry level , like AST 5300 + or something similar.

Depends how heavy off roading you planing, if its involves jumps, you might wanna start doing more then just coilovers. SO you will need a rally top hats, NOT adjustable ones, and some shock tower reinforcements.
Plus then you start entering the $7K plus territory with coilovers.
here is a real rally top hats vs the adjustable ones.

here is my front tower extra plating reinforcements etc.

Also on off roand you need bigger side walls, there for smaller wheels.

The best bet and cheapest so far is wilwood gravel kit front and rear, because you will need 15 or 16 inch wheels with proper gravel tire.

Then you need under body protection since all you fuel lines and brake lines etc are exposed, and you do not want to crush or brake them.

here is how a "cheap protection" looks like ( compare to the Carbon fiber or kevlar ones) You probably needs to change the most of the under body protection annually.

Etc.
i have a WRC Kevlar under body protection, but i dont wanna use it sine i will destroy it about in a year lol

You can however drive around with , AYC and ABS for a while , but ABS is not fun on loose surface when you are racing.

Also make sure you will have enough extra body parts in the garage to

Last edited by Robevo RS; Oct 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM.