Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help evox mr rotors brakes problems

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help evox mr rotors brakes problems

Hello, really have been having brake problems lately. looking for some help. I had OEM MR rotors with life left on them yet. Switched the front pads to Stoptech part 309.10010. left rears along all OEM yet. this was around 52K mi (FYI I drive A LOT of highway miles currently). I drove on these with no problems until about 58K mi. Got into a rear body accident. Car came out of the shop with vibration in brake pedal and steering wheel. Figured the shop beat on it or something to warp the pretty used stock rotors. Replaced the front stock OEM rotors with one piece stoptech slotted rotors 126.46076CSL as I've read the one piece's are interchangeable with GSR versions. Vibration stopped immediately. Rears are still OEM btw. after about a week of normal driving the brakes seemed "soft." felt like they weren't grabbing as well as usual. After this week they started grabbing very nicely. One day later about I started getting vibration again in pedal and steering wheel. no bed-in procedure done as there were so many different procedures to "bed-in" me and my mechanic didnt believe it necessary to bed-in. stoptech recommended me to try this bedding in process. I did it twice as they recommended and had no results. mechanic measured .012" and .022" runout on the rotors. not sure what the problem is here. if anyone has any input please let me know. thank you!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
You only have two options-
1. sell the car and buy a more simple car.
2. Find a road that isn’t traveled much by cars and Properly bed in the pads!!

whenever you feel your brakes are soft or start vibrating it’s time again.

Last edited by DRAGHICI; Dec 22, 2018 at 01:19 AM.