Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

suggestions on my suspension/handling list

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
suggestions on my suspension/handling list

hello everyone!
as far as my previous mods, ive recently finished swapping most, if not all, bushings related to the drivetrain making for a better quality of life feeling. I would now like to continue to expand on that and begin to work on the handling/suspension aspect of my X. I've been doing some research on ways to improve the suspension/handling and based on the threads that Ive read I was able to form my list of parts I think would help. DISCLAIMER: this is NOT a "best settings" threads as I understand each one of us has a set preference.(ex: ones "rough" ride can be anothers "soft", etc.) This is my DD so I know that it will be up to me to decide what settings I enjoy when the time comes and have the parts installed. I was just hoping you guys would help revise the list and suggest other things based on your experiences. thank you guys in advance!

my list so far:
Ohlin R/T (10k/10k or 10k/12k) (read that the rear should be higher. correct me if im wrong)
whiteline front center adjustment kit
hotchkis front/rear sway bar
whiteline front end links
hotchkis rear end links

anything else I should consider? thanks again! Happy holidays!!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 06:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Im no X expert, but i think you can run more of a square spring set-up on the X's due to the far outboard lower rear shock mount. On the CT9A we benefit more from a higher rear rate due to further inboard rear lwr shock mount (i.e 10K / 12K)

I would forgo the front sway bar as these EvOs are already understeer prone so why make it worse, combining it w/a high front spring rate (just a thought)

Im sure youll get more comments

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Dec 21, 2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
You need to check of every item on the whiteline website if you want a better handling X