EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-259/)
-   -   OEM Brake Pads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/365336-oem-brake-pads.html)

2kvette Aug 22, 2008 07:02 PM

OEM Brake Pads

I find this hard to believe but I just priced the EvoX's OEM Brake PADS. They are approximately $300 for the fronts and $300 for the rears!!!! :eek: This is ONLY for the PADS ($600) ........NOT INSTALLATION TOO!!!:eek:

Are you kidding me or what!!?? Thoughts..........................???

Smike Aug 22, 2008 07:06 PM

Ha, was the same for the 8s and 9s. They are not worth it. Look for aftermarkets and DIY installs, its really easy.

Girodisc Martin Aug 25, 2008 10:12 AM

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...magic-pads.jpg

$190.00 shipped for complete carset. Comparable to OEM but with better initial bite, no dust, and no noise. Comes with our rear pad adaptors which allow you to run any EVO 8/9 pad on your EVO X and they are reusable if you have a track pad you want to swap in there for a race. It’s the best deal for the X to date and we have lines to go with them as well.

We also offer this kit with Axxis Ultimate and Ferodo DS2500 w/ anti noice shims to keep them quiet.

Click on the line in my sig for more information.

MrBonus Aug 25, 2008 11:12 AM

Order from Girodisc. There is no reason to get gouged for OEM prices when the Magic Pads are cheaper, perform better, and make less dust.

2kvette Aug 25, 2008 11:37 AM

Already ordered and installed the Girodisc brake pads. I was just surprised at the costs of the OEM's and wanted everyone else to know!

Guru Aug 25, 2008 11:42 AM

Anyone want mine? I replaced them already but some people want OEM pads. They have a whopping 3000 miles on em. Did Project Mu all the way!

KGHtheII Aug 25, 2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Girodisc Martin (Post 6045961)

$190.00 shipped for complete carset. Comparable to OEM but with better initial bite, no dust, and no noise. Comes with our rear pad adaptors which allow you to run any EVO 8/9 pad on your EVO X and they are reusable if you have a track pad you want to swap in there for a race. It’s the best deal for the X to date and we have lines to go with them as well.

We also offer this kit with Axxis Ultimate and Ferodo DS2500 w/ anti noice shims to keep them quiet.

Click on the line in my sig for more information.

So do you have pads designed for the X yet or do they require that you use the pad adapters for the rear with the 8/9 pads? If thats the case, do you have X-specific pads in development?

I just bought my car, so I am in no way looking for new brakes yet, but it would be good to know if they are in development for future reference.

Girodisc Martin Aug 25, 2008 12:04 PM

Yes we are working on the appropriate EVO X rear pad. Many aftermarket companies are working on it but not all at the same pace. We designed this because there are already plenty of pads for the EVO, STi, 350z Track which all run the 09610 pad shape. However, people who track are probably going to have to wait longer then a street car due to the demand. The piston sizing in the rear EVO X caliper is the same as the previous EVO 6/7/8/9 but they grew the rotor so the caliper body had the change. Why they changed the same of the pad we don't know. But in the mean time our pad adaptors are cheap, and they work.

Sicks Aug 25, 2008 12:08 PM

I WAS worried about when it comes time to change out my pads, but not anymore! {thumbup}

I'll keep you guys in mind.

BluesunsXIV Aug 25, 2008 12:48 PM

I love the girodisc front and rear pads when it comes to dust, but they make ALOT of noise for me, at least when the car is cold and first starting up and somtimes for harder then normal stops, any solutions or reasons y i may be having this issue?

KGHtheII Aug 25, 2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by BluesunsXIV (Post 6046500)
I love the girodisc front and rear pads when it comes to dust, but they make ALOT of noise for me, at least when the car is cold and first starting up and somtimes for harder then normal stops, any solutions or reasons y i may be having this issue?

Are you running the Magic Pads? I thought one of the biggest marketed feature was very little noise?

BluesunsXIV Aug 25, 2008 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by KGHtheII (Post 6046513)
Are you running the Magic Pads? I thought one of the biggest marketed feature was very little noise?

Yes i am running the magicpads

Girodisc Martin Aug 25, 2008 02:02 PM

You should contact us about that. Maybe we can help you figure out the problem.

soapsuds Sep 6, 2008 12:15 PM

Assuming you covered the basics, used brake cleaner and plenty of anti-squeal/anti-seize compound to the backing plates when you put them in, one option to try is a spray-on product called CRC De-Squeak available at AutoZone. It bonds to the rotor surface and fixed a similar problem with Hawk HPS pads.