EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-259/)
-   -   Any opinions on Ferodo's DS2500 pads? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/418468-any-opinions-ferodos-ds2500-pads.html)

EndlessRed May 4, 2009 02:50 AM

Any opinions on Ferodo's DS2500 pads?

i've been scouring for a set of pads that would fit the x without adaptors, for light track usage. it looks like ferodo's DS2500 is the only current option (that i can find at least). does anyone have them on the x currently? how is the performance, noise, and brake dust?

de_pellerin_luc May 4, 2009 03:32 AM

Also found a set on rallysportdirect.com and would like to know what people's thoughts on performance and brake dust were. Noise isn't as much a concern.

Nammy May 4, 2009 07:33 AM

I've had these on my car for the last 1000 miles or so, including one autocross. I swapped my rotors and lines when I changed the pads as well, so I don't have a good idea of what difference the pads alone would make. The brakes work great, though, with a lot of initial bite. There is still some squealing once they heat up and under light braking, but the dust is significantly less than the stock pads.

TxEvo8 May 4, 2009 07:37 AM

I've run them on the street and on the track and honestly they did not hold up well for me on the track. Something more agressive like a Hawk HP+ works better on the street and on the track, although they are noisy..

MarkM May 4, 2009 07:44 AM

I find them excellent, good compromise between stopping power and disc wear/noise, much better than stock, not much dust, no brainer for me :)

goofygrin May 4, 2009 07:45 AM

I have about 9000 miles on them.

Pros:
- they do work ok for light track duty and autocross
- not as dusty as the OEM pads

Cons:
- squeaaaaaaaaaaal
- Once you let the smoke out (overheat them), they're done
- pad transfer to the rotors is really, really heavy
- they are semi-aggressive on the rotors

TxEvo8, the HP+ suck IMO. Noisy and they don't brake all that great. I for SURE wouldn't run them in the X on the track. I've not found a pad that I really like yet.

MarkM May 4, 2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by goofygrin (Post 7018332)
Cons:
- squeaaaaaaaaaaal

Have you copper greased the rears? Didn't have any squeal from mine at all :)

goofygrin May 4, 2009 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MarkM (Post 7018374)
Have you copper greased the rears? Didn't have any squeal from mine at all :)

What *haven't* I done to try and counteract the squeal?

And that's just the fronts.

The rears (I'm using the girodisc adapters since I got them a while ago) squeal TERRIBLY. Hopefully the ones made for the X work better.