EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-259/)
-   -   Enkei RS05RR rims tire size recommendation. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/750119-enkei-rs05rr-rims-tire-size-recommendation.html)

KillaYayo Jul 28, 2018 12:41 PM

Enkei RS05RR rims tire size recommendation.

whats up guys. I currently have Enkei RS05RR 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / +22 (Face M) rims on my Evo X (got this especific one because it clears the brembos). I have looked up forums and see that people use 265/35/18 for these rims so i went with that and it fits perfect. Issue I’m having is that i have tire letterings in my tires and due to them being meatier tires the tires seem to rub against the back of the fender lining and it has messed up my tire lettering, does anyone know another size tires that may work with these rim’s specs. Thank you.

LetsGetThisDone Jul 29, 2018 01:08 PM

Just roll the rear fenders.

KillaYayo Aug 2, 2018 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11833030)
Just roll the rear fenders.

its not the rear tires rubbing, it’s the front ones to the back of the fender liner not the actual fender.

LetsGetThisDone Aug 5, 2018 01:23 AM

Use a heat gun to warm the fender liner up, and push it back out of the way.

KillaYayo Aug 5, 2018 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11833904)
Use a heat gun to warm the fender liner up, and push it back out of the way.

that actually sounds like a great idea... thank you so much.

1fastmf Aug 8, 2018 02:16 PM

I have 18 x 9.5 +22, but went with cheap Rotas.

The 4 variables in this....and people rarely state more than 2 are:

1. Suspension, stock or otherwise.
2. Alignment, stock or crazy Civic look.
3. Tire size.
4. Tire brand. Check out the MFG stats. Section width varies between companies and models. Milimeters matter here.

I've had 275/35 since 2013. First on Dunlop Direzza II, and now on P-Zero Runflats. Only notice rear rub on heavy bumps with a big load in the trunk. Only hit front inner fenders at full lock for the first 3 months. Now the clearance is rubbed in by the tires. Zero other issues. Key is that I have stock suspension and alignment.

Its a great set-up.

KillaYayo Aug 9, 2018 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastmf (Post 11834330)
I have 18 x 9.5 +22, but went with cheap Rotas.

The 4 variables in this....and people rarely state more than 2 are:

1. Suspension, stock or otherwise.
2. Alignment, stock or crazy Civic look.
3. Tire size.
4. Tire brand. Check out the MFG stats. Section width varies between companies and models. Milimeters matter here.

I've had 275/35 since 2013. First on Dunlop Direzza II, and now on P-Zero Runflats. Only notice rear rub on heavy bumps with a big load in the trunk. Only hit front inner fenders at full lock for the first 3 months. Now the clearance is rubbed in by the tires. Zero other issues. Key is that I have stock suspension and alignment.

Its a great set-up.

Cool, i have BC racing suspension and it’s lowered just to cover the wheel gaps. The reason the tires rub against the fender liner is because of the meaty tires which are 265/35/18. Someone suggested to heat up the fender liners and push them in so i will try that.