EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo XI Wish List (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-xi-wish-list-405/)
-   -   My wish list.. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-xi-wish-list/755142-my-wish-list.html)

Speedlimit Jul 9, 2019 12:16 PM

My wish list..

My needs are basic:
Evolution 8 AWD train
Six speed manual
300+ Hp (don't care if tubo charged or blower)
Recaros
Quality wheels and brakes
sticky tires

Bob :)

Balrok Jul 9, 2019 04:51 PM

Go back to the 2 star crash safety rating so that it doesn't weigh a million pounds. And room for wide wheels.

LetsGetThisDone Jul 9, 2019 06:17 PM

An improvement on the X to bring it back to 8/9 weight by using modern materials. I know the potential is their, the GolfR doesn't weigh much more than an 8/9, and those things are pretty quite on the inside too so they have extra sound insulation

350hp from factory, and a 6 speed manual with the strength/potential of the 8/9 5 speed.

Keep it on 18" wheels. No clown car 19's or 20's please. Bigger Brembo's, 6 piston front, 4 piston rear. Recaro's obviously. And more factory aero would be cool (IE- flat bottom).

Also, mechanical linkage hydraulic assist steering please.

Kada__85 Jul 9, 2019 06:26 PM

Just give me the chance to buy a new WW IX at MSRP

deylag Jul 9, 2019 10:53 PM

To be competitive it has to make more power at the crank than a Ford Focus RS and maintain the Evo X AWD system (SAWC, AYC). Then it should be triple charged (electric supercharger, supercharger, and turbo) and have hydraulic roll control suspension.

Pal215 Jul 10, 2019 12:00 PM

Oh man, I have too much to list so i'll just list the most important ones for now. I really hope a VP from Mitsubishi's design team (or a Nissan Exec) reads this thread. What I would like to see (and what I think would sell well) is:

1. A throwback on body design with a modern interior.
2. Apple Car play and Android Auto enabled Bluetooth Navi with a quality 9 - 12 speaker sound system, voice control, and an inductive phone charger for front and rear passengers.
3. AYC, ACD , and Bilstein shocks as standard options with all three limited slip diffs.
4. Offer it in a STRONG 6 -speed manual transmission or strong DCT.
5. Offer it in an RS spec which would come with no wheels (steelies), no power windows, no rear seats or trunk liner, and no radio for a cheaper price.
6. It should be more livable, so an optional sunroof, homelink mirror, heated seats, cruise control, and interior accent lighting should all be offered in a package.
7. A turbocharged 400hp engine because it can be done easily and reliably while still being fuel efficient.
8. BBS and Brembo package standard (except RS)
9. LED headlights and tails
10. Over-engineer the transfercase so that the damn thing never breaks....build it for towing semi trucks :lol:

ugakirk Jul 11, 2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Speedlimit (Post 11879214)
My needs are basic:
Evolution 8 AWD train WONT HAPPEN
Six speed manual WONT HAPPEN
300+ Hp (don't care if tubo charged or blower) IS A MUST AND IT WILL
Recaros IT SHOULD
Quality wheels and brakes IT WILL
sticky tires IT WILL

Bob :)

It will be alot closer to an X than an 8. Probably similar drivetrain, Renault-ish motor (which I'm not crazy about), Possibly electric motors.. But I'm guessing more or less a newer version of what the X is.

This is probably 2-3 years out. So who knows what it will really have. Needs to have 350hp/tq atleast, Evo X S-AWC, Brembos, Recaros.. Everything else will fall in to place.

It will never be an 8 or 9. No one can make a one of those now with safety regulations.

LetsGetThisDone Jul 11, 2019 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ugakirk (Post 11879444)
It will be alot closer to an X than an 8. Probably similar drivetrain, Renault-ish motor (which I'm not crazy about), Possibly electric motors.. But I'm guessing more or less a newer version of what the X is.

This is probably 2-3 years out. So who knows what it will really have. Needs to have 350hp/tq atleast, Evo X S-AWC, Brembos, Recaros.. Everything else will fall in to place.

It will never be an 8 or 9. No one can make a one of those now with safety regulations.

Oh they easily could. But the extensive use of aluminum and exotic materials it would require would put that car way out of the price range for the market the car fits in.

Biggiesacks Jul 11, 2019 01:37 PM

being hybrid will add some serious weight.

LetsGetThisDone Jul 11, 2019 03:35 PM

Depends how big the battery pack is how long its intended to add power for. If they use the hybrid as the rear wheel drive, and it gets ramped in "as needed" to supplement the FWD and attempt to call it "awd", I will not even remotely consider buying one.

Biggiesacks Jul 11, 2019 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11879509)
Depends how big the battery pack is how long its intended to add power for. If they use the hybrid as the rear wheel drive, and it gets ramped in "as needed" to supplement the FWD and attempt to call it "awd", I will not even remotely consider buying one.

Totally agree, if all the power can't go to all of the wheels I'm out. For our purposes one would hope the battery pack would have enough capacity so that between regen braking and capacity you aren't completely out of juice before you are done having fun. I guess shops are going to have to hire EE's to start designing the new gen of mods for the electric side. For daily though I think 20-30 miles completely on battery would be pretty dope. I think thats around what the Outlander PHEV gets?

LetsGetThisDone Jul 11, 2019 05:34 PM

20-30 miles would be cool. With the ability to then fully recharge within 4-6 hours on a typical 110v source. It would make most peoples typical work commute on battery alone that way.

deylag Jul 11, 2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11879520)
Totally agree, if all the power can't go to all of the wheels I'm out. For our purposes one would hope the battery pack would have enough capacity so that between regen braking and capacity you aren't completely out of juice before you are done having fun. I guess shops are going to have to hire EE's to start designing the new gen of mods for the electric side. For daily though I think 20-30 miles completely on battery would be pretty dope. I think thats around what the Outlander PHEV gets?

After looking at the way the Outlander PHEV operates its hybrid system it extremely possible that the Evo XI will use a performance version of this system. One motor for each axle this way its 50/50 full time AWD on electric power and then switches back seamlessly into gasoline power when the motors run out. Regenerative braking is on the Outlander PHEV so I hope to see a possible KERS system.

evo ace Jul 29, 2019 11:05 AM

My Wish List

The number one thing on my wish list is ,an ARC Intercooler.

6UE5T Aug 7, 2019 09:35 AM

MY wish list: must be minimum 6 speed manual, lighter (no more than 1.4 tons, ideally 1-1.2 tons), looks sleek and sharp like the CT9A generation, has the same surgical precision on handling or even better, and finally can beat the new AMG A45S! :D