Notices
EvoM Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.

DynoFlash Forum & Vendor Forum Mods on EvoM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2004, 01:19 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DynoFlash Forum & Vendor Forum Mods on EvoM

After careful discussions with all parties involved, the moderators and I have decided on a plan that we think will help put aside any differences and help improve the quality of the site for the future.

Here's the details:

1. DynoFlash will now have an official forum on our site under the Vendor Forums section. Al has also received his DynoFlash account on the site and will be able to now answer tech questions, product questions, offer services, etc as a vendor vs a member.

For now, the account will be limited to posting only in the DynoFlash forum. This means that Al will only answer questions within his forum, so if you want to hear from him I wouldn't post in the General or Tech sections. This was a decision that all the moderators felt would be a good compromise for the time being. As time moves on and things move in a positive manner, the DynoFlash account may receive additional permissions. Those decisions will be made by the moderation staff at the proper time.

If any DynoFlash questions do arise in the tech or general forum, then the mods will make sure to move that over to the DynoFlash forum for Al to answer.

You can visit the DynoFlash forum here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fo...s=&forumid=108

DynoFlash's profile can be found here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...o&userid=13943

Al and I have discussed this offer by email and he has agreed to return under the terms we specified.

2. All vendor forums will be moderated by EvoM staff members, blonde and Secret Chimp. This will allow us to make sure that things stay in-line with what we expect of the content on our site. They will also act to protect the forums from flame wars and arguments that deter from technical discussions, etc. If you have any issues with a vendor forum, please contact one of the two listed above. Their profile pages are listed below for your convenience:

- blonde
- Secret Chimp

In addition, blonde and Secret Chimp will be helping out moderating the actions of the vendors on the site. If you have any issues, please contact blonde, Secret Chimp, or myself to discuss.

Mark
Old Feb 15, 2004, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Are you going to prevent vendors from posting in other vendor's forums?
Old Feb 15, 2004, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Good decision KK.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by sir lurks alot
yes. that is a part of the new rules and that is what me and secret chimp are going to enfore. please report any vendor you see that does that.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

BRAVO! I think this is an outstanding decision!
Old Feb 15, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent begining. perhaps this will be a prelude to a much better functioning forum. I hope all the personalities who've abraded each other and the inocent bystanders will refrain from doing so in the future..... Good job KK. awesome diplomatic skills and commendable flexibility in all the parties involved.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

I applaud KK and the Evolutionm.net staff for coming up with an excellent compromise that literally favors both sides 100%. I am confident that the new set of rules enforced by such a dedicated staff will help the site flourish in the long run. Good job guys, another rainbow after a few rainy days.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

This will be a new beginning. I look forward to keeping my thumb on the pulse of those forums. And if anyone happens to see any Vendors fishing in other the threads of other vendors, let us know.

SC~
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:57 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by sir lurks alot
That's a bit tricky to implement, but I believe the EvoM mods will be able to keep that in check. If not, then that could always be a next resort.

Mark
Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:05 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

they have been approved to edit/delete any posts flaming vendors, and warn if the member/vendor repeats this. Please let them know if you see something that needs to be brought to their attention.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 08:08 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by BeenWaitin4Evo
I'm surprised Al even came back without a public apology by those who banned him in the first place.

However, I am glad to see this step in the right direction. Time will only tell if this is truly a heart-felt move by the site management or just a trick to get post count and hit numbers back up.

*edit for "site management" - Yes, I am skeptical about this. But only due to the fact that what I've seen in the past couple months so far has not been mended with just these actions. If this decision turns out to be one that "fixes" EvoM for good, then I would commend "site management" for their efforts and their ability to wake the f*&k up. But there's always a big IF. I have hopes that this will finally end the "Al situation" and wish the best outcome for all of us.
I personally dont feel the need for such negativity and am glad everyone else feels more positively. Remember the management here is on a working relationship with vendors and at a period in time the relationship was not working out. Please dont start this us and them thig agian it going to take ALL of us to actually work on things this time and negative sentiments is just fuel to the hot coals
Old Feb 16, 2004, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

let's keep this on topic guys
Old Feb 16, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

This is a very positive step for the site. Congrats on working out a better situation for all--site owners, site users & vendors.

One note for Blonde & Secret Chimp: You'll need to put some thought to how you will handle those that are not the vendor but act upon the vendor's behalf. Often, these minions are the "dogs of war" for the vendors. The vendors must have a stake in these people's action.

Basically, you and the vendors need to acknowledge these allegiances & the vendors need to have some accountability for attempting to keep the known minions from flaming on their behalf.

I know that will be a difficult thing to police, but it is a crucial part of this issue.

My 3 cents.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 03:26 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by jimmyv65
This is a very positive step for the site. Congrats on working out a better situation for all--site owners, site users & vendors.

One note for Blonde & Secret Chimp: You'll need to put some thought to how you will handle those that are not the vendor but act upon the vendor's behalf. Often, these minions are the "dogs of war" for the vendors. The vendors must have a stake in these people's action.

Basically, you and the vendors need to acknowledge these allegiances & the vendors need to have some accountability for attempting to keep the known minions from flaming on their behalf.

I know that will be a difficult thing to police, but it is a crucial part of this issue.

My 3 cents.
Way to be so positive and not throw gas on the fire Jimmy They have it covered us minions have been gotten a talking to
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:34 PM

Good job man. Things are getting a little better.

Quick Reply: DynoFlash Forum & Vendor Forum Mods on EvoM