EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-announcements-69/)
-   -   Beta Test: Groups/Clubs on EvoM (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-announcements/140058-beta-test-groups-clubs-evom.html)

LancerEvoMR May 20, 2005 01:34 PM

Beta Test: Groups/Clubs on EvoM

Let me just give you guys a backdrop. First off, we've been entertaining the idea of starting groups/clubs on EvoM. The group/club will consist of a team leader, team members, and their own private forum here on EvoM. The team leader will have absolute power in that particular forum, and is also responsible for validating new members. The group can be about anything, from car clubs to XBOX Live clans (Counter-Stike, Halo, etc...). The group/club title will also appear in each team member's profile under "Group Memberships". We haven't fully worked out the potential features as of yet since this project is still in the beta phase.

What I need now is a serious member to establish a small group that I can test this upon to see how well this idea works. If everything goes according to plan, we should all start to see numerous clubs established on here.

If you are interested, PM me. :)

Thanks,
Peejay

WestSideBilly May 20, 2005 01:50 PM

Ooh, ooh! Can we have a post whores group? ;)

Smogrunner May 20, 2005 04:21 PM

Yes! I volunteer to be team leader for a Southern California Tuning forum that focuses on tuning solutions, mini-meets, dyno events, and various amatuer racing events.

Smogrunner May 20, 2005 04:44 PM

I have a few other ideas: I'd like to try an "insiders club" where my best Evom friends could go to chat privately about stuff.

twardnw May 20, 2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly

+1 I like this idea

LancerEvoMR May 20, 2005 05:31 PM

Sure. You down for team leader? :p

LancerEvoMR May 20, 2005 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Yes! I volunteer to be team leader for a Southern California Tuning forum that focuses on tuning solutions, mini-meets, dyno events, and various amatuer racing events.

Let me send you a PM.

Kelmar May 20, 2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
+1 I like this idea

+2

Jeff, do you even post in there anymore :p

Danny Boy May 20, 2005 08:53 PM

I like your style.

Originally Posted by need Z
Jeff, do you even post in there anymore

Attn:Post Whores is the Tara Reid of the evom forums...

bigdoggy_dog May 20, 2005 11:44 PM

As much as I want to fall into the trap of saying I want to be a member of the Post Whores Club, I wont.

I think this is a good idea though.

Smogrunner May 21, 2005 11:19 AM

Question: Would everyone be able to view my forum but only my chosen members could post? Or, would it be completely private?

LancerEvoMR May 21, 2005 02:00 PM

It won't be viewable to any members except that of your own club members. Did you get my PM?

Smogrunner May 21, 2005 03:02 PM

Tuner's and Advanced Member's Lounge: All the gossip that's fit to print.

That is what I want Peejay. Make it so...

mike69 May 21, 2005 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by need Z
+2

Jeff, do you even post in there anymore :p

+87

ItsTheDriver13 May 21, 2005 11:45 PM

can mods view the groups? will there be swearing and posting restrictions still?

im jsut curious