EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   2005 Graphite Grey MR (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/106835-2005-graphite-grey-mr.html)

Gmetal Nov 3, 2004 01:56 PM

2005 Graphite Grey MR

Whats up people
New to the Evo community. Just bought a new MR. Got out the door for less than $35,000, plus they threw in the gauge cluster, carbon parking brake, and polished pedal covers. Pretty pumped up about that.
Got a question for ya'll. How long does it take for the smell to go away after driving the new Evo's? love the car, look forward to shootin the sh*t

MR._Evil Nov 3, 2004 02:03 PM

Just so you know, the dealer didn't really do a deal on those pedals, shift knob, parking brake lever, and the gauge kit. It comes with every MR whether you like it or not. I don't know why they listed it as options.

twardnw Nov 3, 2004 02:06 PM

I wouldn't want the new car smell to go away ever {thumbup}

my3000gt Nov 3, 2004 02:07 PM

Congrats on the new car...let the games begin!

Sano Nov 3, 2004 02:11 PM

Why hello Gmetal, I look foward to kicking you ass!!! Anywho I do admit that the graphite grey MR is the sweetest color on the evo. Break it in so we can go have some fun. Just so you all know Like gmetal's (gunmetal) name says, he's not really white and he's not really black.

Sano Nov 3, 2004 02:15 PM

He's referring to the smell the car makes from the new engine area, mine did the same thing when it was new. Smells kinda like the clutch is breaking in or somthing along those lines.

Gmetal Nov 3, 2004 02:17 PM

Wish I had 6 days off you lazy ass!! Tomorrow its on like donkey kong. When I get this thing broke in it will be just like high school track meets, you'll be staring at the ass end of the MR. Daddy see, daddy like!!! See you tomorrow and you better have the Xbox ready. You might want to sharpen up those broke ass skills you got on Madden, cause Jamal Lewis will run wild tomorrow.

MARSHAL FAULK IS A PUSSY

ilovecb23 Nov 3, 2004 02:19 PM

congradulations on your new purchase, dont have too much fun

twardnw Nov 3, 2004 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sano
He's referring to the smell the car makes from the new engine area, mine did the same thing when it was new. Smells kinda like the clutch is breaking in or somthing along those lines.

ya, I was just throwin crap, I guess it does classify as a new car smell though, he just wasn't very specific on what he meant. It goes away soon. Mine did the same thing

Sano Nov 3, 2004 02:25 PM

Hey Gmetal you wont make any friends that way, especially talking about the greatest football player of all time.

I can't help it I was born slow and white.

I was not born a nice gunmetal shade like you. Anyways come over and help me switch out hoods, My carbon fiber one needs some touch up on the grill.

PRVRT Nov 3, 2004 02:30 PM

Congrats on the new purchase!!! Welcome to the "Freak Show!" Enjoy your stay!!!! {pcfreak}

AlliGirl Nov 3, 2004 03:48 PM

welcome.. have a blast here

slippery Nov 3, 2004 03:53 PM

Welcome, and congrats on the MR! I wish I could have afforded the MR, I had to settle for the plain VIII. Peace.

ex-honda Nov 3, 2004 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by MR._Evil
Just so you know, the dealer didn't really do a deal on those pedals, shift knob, parking brake lever, and the gauge kit. It comes with every MR whether you like it or not. I don't know why they listed it as options.

Leave the guy alone. The dealer just wanted him to feel good and make it look like he got a good bargain. Congrats on the MR. Just don't drive it like some on the new MR owners and crashing it.

mycarspimp Nov 3, 2004 04:01 PM

Congrats on the new car, enjoy and be safe :thumbup: