EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Yet another new Evo IX owner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/189080-yet-another-new-evo-ix-owner.html)

pr0file Mar 10, 2006 11:46 PM

Yet another new Evo IX owner

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all!

I've been a lurker since last year and I have finally purchased a 2006 Electric Blue Evo IX GSR :) Coming from a 2000 Celica GTS, this car is soooo much better! The only area it lacks is the turning radius :( Everything else the Evo excels in! :) Here's a few pics of my car...enjoy! :)

Jubeik99DC2 Mar 11, 2006 12:55 AM

no wing? yuck

pr0file Mar 11, 2006 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jubeik99DC2
no wing? yuck

To each his/her own :) I personally like it without the wing and don't like the extra attention with the wing ;)

Jubeik99DC2 Mar 11, 2006 01:01 AM

ill agree, it does give a unique style.. but i think that the wing on the evo gives it its name .. makes it stand out from the rest.. i mean it is a rally car.

pr0file Mar 11, 2006 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jubeik99DC2
ill agree, it does give a unique style.. but i think that the wing on the evo gives it its name .. makes it stand out from the rest.. i mean it is a rally car.

True true...but with all the cops in the SF Bay Area and with racial profiling, I don't want to take a chance. My age is 35, but I look like I'm in my early 20's :) Also, my car is bright enough to spot out in the traffic... unless it's at night, where my car changes color to a deeper blue-purple :)

03SilvaEvo Mar 11, 2006 06:10 AM

Cool! First time I saw a wingless IX! I like!

Happy Madison Mar 11, 2006 06:40 AM

you'll get used to the turning radius. it's not that bad unless you have to make a tight u-turn.

pr0file Mar 11, 2006 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
you'll get used to the turning radius. it's not that bad unless you have to make a tight u-turn.

Very true...I'm getting used to preparing ahead of time for tight turns. My technique is, told to me by a good friend who drives an Evo VIII, to turn earlier. I also do the the: turn the opposite direction a little, then make your turn technique :)

yawaben Mar 11, 2006 08:55 AM

Pull the hand-brake really hard while turning, you shouldn't have any problems then.

Swift_OwL Mar 11, 2006 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by pr0file
Hi all!

I've been a lurker since last year and I have finally purchased a 2006 Electric Blue Evo IX GSR :) Coming from a 2000 Celica GTS, this car is soooo much better! The only area it lacks is the turning radius :( Everything else the Evo excels in! :) Here's a few pics of my car...enjoy! :)

Man, I cant wait till I make that jump, from a stock Celica Gts to a Evo ix, hope you are loving your evo, I know it wont be long until you mod and you will love her even more.

Lucky you {thumbup}

mitsu_lover625 Mar 11, 2006 12:01 PM

What part of Norcal are you from? Like what city?

bigirish Mar 11, 2006 03:05 PM

Congrats! I love that color.

jinhaingEVO Mar 11, 2006 03:58 PM

Congrats I love that color ;)
No Wing? who cares Its EVO

Kc2Buk Mar 11, 2006 04:08 PM

NO Wing? It just don't seem right.

wacboyjulian Mar 11, 2006 05:25 PM

wow, one of my favorite colors... (GG and EB are my top 2 choices)

i like the no wing look as well but to each its own. i think i would just get an evo with a wing

i hope to make the same transition that you did (celica to evo)

Nice car. how much?