EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   05 lancer es----> 03 sentra se-r (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/226349-05-lancer-es-03-sentra-se-r.html)

lancer2show Sep 30, 2006 06:14 AM

05 lancer es----> 03 sentra se-r

my lancer is an auto it has 25K miles on it. the sentra im looking at is a 6pd 45k. is it worth the trade?

LancerOZ Boy Sep 30, 2006 08:15 AM

Yea man, My friend had one with i/h/e and he let me drive it if he drove mine. So we switched and i started to drive off and spun the tires on accident. But i heard him take off in my car so i downshifted and was on his butt in no time. Its fast i liked it.

lancer2show Sep 30, 2006 08:20 AM

ya the quarter mile on it stock is 15.2 not bad

N1te Sep 30, 2006 08:34 AM

Definately go for it. You'll have a lot more fun

Elvis Sep 30, 2006 10:02 AM

hell yeah i'd trade that in a minute. is it a straight up trade or is there some payments still to be made. you should maybe check out some nissan forums on those. i heard some where that a particular year/model has tranny problems after high miles like 60 or so.

lancer2show Sep 30, 2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Elvis
hell yeah i'd trade that in a minute. is it a straight up trade or is there some payments still to be made. you should maybe check out some nissan forums on those. i heard some where that a particular year/model has tranny problems after high miles like 60 or so.

well ima sell my lancer i might have extra money left. my gf's family is thinking about buying it. if thats the case i just want my subs/amp (eclipse sw7104) (audiobahn a8000t) and my rota rims. she likes my hu alot which is a pioneer 7700. intake exhaust is hers. my uncle has a nissan sentra like a 95. hes running about 130K no tranny problems whatsoever but thats because its adult driven but ya ima have to check on that and what yr of model was it man? {thumbup}

SLVROZ_03 Oct 1, 2006 07:25 AM

If it's a Spec V, then yes... I loved those things. I just couldn't find one in SC at the time I purchased my car. So went another route. The overall look, the performance potential, the stock handling, the 17's, and even the Rockford Fosgate system wasn't bad. Overall, a really good buy.

If it's just a SE-R, it's ok... But it's your decision.

LancerOZ Boy Oct 1, 2006 01:14 PM

Oh yea my friend has the spec-v not the se-r

mitsuozboi Oct 1, 2006 01:24 PM

Personally I dont like the look of the sentras as much as the "other" 4 door sedans in its class but the se-r spec V is fast...

If its not a spec v I wouldnt even bother.......

lancer2show Oct 1, 2006 02:46 PM

i meant too add the "spec v" their the only 1 with 6 speeds

SLVROZ_03 Oct 1, 2006 03:20 PM

That's what I thought, but had to be sure since it has been 3 years since I looked at them. I really love the front end on the later model (before this last re-design).

Somewhat along the same lines, have you looked at any of the MazdaSpeed Protege's? I saw a blue one today for sale, but lacked the time to stop and look. Might be a little higher, but that blue was definitely a "looker". Only seen the orange ones before that...

lancer2show Oct 1, 2006 04:58 PM

proteges are nice, but id rather keep my lancer haha

Elvis Oct 4, 2006 06:32 PM

my friends gota protege and it sucks. i eat it up all day.
hey whats the difference between spec v and non spec v.
as for year and model of the supposed tranny prob i dont now. grain of salt my friend sometimes people just say sh!t.

ambystom01 Oct 4, 2006 06:44 PM

Spec V has a 6 speed manual transmission and Brembo brakes (or it had the option of having Brembo brakes). I think it's slightly more powerful as well. Does your friend drive a protege or a mazdaspeed protege? I can see you beating a regular protege but a mazdaspeed is out of our league, at least non-turbo.

lancer2show Oct 4, 2006 06:57 PM

found out the 02-03 had tranny recall problems so it should be fiine if they got it taken care of.