EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   can i get 400 whp with the stock exhaust? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/244714-can-i-get-400-whp-stock-exhaust.html)

daesup45 Jan 10, 2007 03:06 PM

can i get 400 whp with the stock exhaust?

hi im new to this site, i was wondering if i can get 400 hp with the stock exhaust and i f i can i would like what i need to do that because i kinda like the sound of my stock exhaust cause its not to ricey and not to loud of quiet

Warrtalon Jan 10, 2007 03:08 PM

No, you can't.

boostinjuice Jan 10, 2007 03:08 PM

uh oh.. put your flame suit on now!

btw... no after market exhaust sound ricey on an evo...

to answer your question... no you cant.. you should prolly change your exhaust right now.. mitsu only puts the exhaust on there for temporary use.. you need to put a after market one on with in 5 minutes or your engine will blow!!
SEARCH!

4WS Tuning Jan 10, 2007 03:12 PM

its doable... a decent turbo back will give ya aroudn 30whp... and from my understanding if you dont have the proper airflow you cant boost too high without knocking...

i went the dump tube route.... aftermarket downpipe, aftermarket test pipe with a dump tube built into with an electric unit to open and close it from inside the cabin...

i didnt feel an increase in power from having just the downpipe and test pipe be4 i found a shop willing to weld the cutout in. probably 15whp give or take...

there's also a guy on here that's running 11's with a ix on stock catback.. basic mods..

cheers!

4WS Tuning Jan 10, 2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon (Post 3846652)
No, you can't.

you need to explain it is doable... just very costly and stupid... lol

btw forgot the mention, there are better flowing exhaust just as quiet as stock

cheers!

daesup45 Jan 10, 2007 03:14 PM

then what turbo back should i get if i want to make 400whp

boostinjuice Jan 10, 2007 03:15 PM

DAN BAjailis FTW!!!

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide (Post 3846672)
its doable... a decent turbo back will give ya aroudn 30whp... and from my understanding if you dont have the proper airflow you cant boost too high without knocking...

i went the dump tube route.... aftermarket downpipe, aftermarket test pipe with a dump tube built into with an electric unit to open and close it from inside the cabin...

i didnt feel an increase in power from having just the downpipe and test pipe be4 i found a shop willing to weld the cutout in. probably 15whp give or take...

there's also a guy on here that's running 11's with a ix on stock catback.. basic mods..

cheers!

Evo8Master Jan 10, 2007 03:19 PM

Just buy a Apexi Noir exhaust. It looks and sounds close to the stock exhaust{thumbup} {thumbup}

Originally Posted by daesup45 (Post 3846646)
hi im new to this site, i was wondering if i can get 400 hp with the stock exhaust and i f i can i would like what i need to do that because i kinda like the sound of my stock exhaust cause its not to ricey and not to loud of quiet

evocanival Jan 10, 2007 03:22 PM

if ur stuck on keeping your stock exhaust, the just get an electronic cut out. there are a couple of people on here making good numbers that way. close to if not 400 hp.

daesup45 Jan 10, 2007 03:23 PM

o yea is it ok if i get like power chips or racing chips first

Robevo RS Jan 10, 2007 03:30 PM

if you want 400 whp,open the free flow for your engine. drop in or short ram, turboback , + alky ,boost controller. ecuflash... might do it if you have a evo 9.and i think this is a cheapest way to get there.
No such a thing like power chip exist in the Evo... we have ecu.

4WS Tuning Jan 10, 2007 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by evocanival (Post 3846724)
if ur stuck on keeping your stock exhaust, the just get an electronic cut out. there are a couple of people on here making good numbers that way. close to if not 400 hp.

once i finish tuning the meth you can use me as an example {thumbup}

:rolleyes: hoping not to jinx it lol

cheers!

4WS Tuning Jan 10, 2007 03:45 PM

rsr makes the quietest exhaust.... and its painted a matte black so it looks stocker than the stock one we have lol

cheers!

freddiet Jan 10, 2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by daesup45 (Post 3846725)
o yea is it ok if i get like power chips or racing chips first

Your not serious right :helpme:

DSMorBUST Jan 10, 2007 03:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wow, just... wow!?:confused: <--thats my reaction to the title... didnt even bother to read the rest lmao