EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Anyone have a clue (Please don't laugh) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/2961-anyone-have-clue-please-dont-laugh.html)

SekaiDragon Mar 31, 2002 12:11 PM

Anyone have a clue (Please don't laugh)

Here is a question that's going to make most people on this site laugh, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I got screwed over bigtime when I was decieved, by the dealer, into believing that what I got was a legendary rally car, when all I got was the 2002 Mitsubishi lancer with it's laughable 120 bhp. My gulability aside, so far I can't find a way to make it fly like it's supposed to.

Is there any mods that I could do to make it fly. I have the performance NJEN Intake, and a Rampage exaust, but I can't find anythine else... What should I do? Should I just drop the engine all together? There is so much room in the engine compartment.

I would love any suggestions that anyone would have...

HobieKopek Mar 31, 2002 12:52 PM

Must have been one hell of a salesperson. :p Sorry, but you gotta take SOME crap for that :D

Look around.

The parts index thread may be a good place to begin. Lotsa useful links there and whatnot.

Another place to ask around would be the US Lancer tech forums. You can pretty much take your pick as far as where you need to put whatever questions or what you want to read about.

Finally, there's a parts parts review section that should probably help too.

Hope that helps.

SekaiDragon Mar 31, 2002 01:05 PM

Thanks Dave

Yeah, I fell for it big time, but I wan't exactly sober at the time either. I will check out those forums, THANKS...

plastikpyro Mar 31, 2002 01:53 PM

thats always a good one. going to the dealership drunk. man, its already hard enough to deal with those bastards(dealers) sober. going in drunk was just pure financial suicide. lucky for you the mistake wasn't so bad. afterall you did drive off the lot with a dope ride.

SekaiDragon Mar 31, 2002 02:00 PM

Not drunk, just Tipsy

Well, I wasn't exactly drunk, more tipsy, but my gulability factor was quite high. He was talking about 192 bhp, 185 bhp. There were kits, upgrades. He even convinced me that it was on The Fast and the Furious. Okay, so I was pretty out of it, but I finally got a body kit on the way that's not the pathetic one on the OZ Rally. But there is future in my Mitsu:mitsu: so I'm happy...

SekaiDragon Mar 31, 2002 02:06 PM

Not dissi'n the OZ Ground Effects...

To clarify that, I'm not dissi'n the OZ's Ground Effects, There just isn't enough meat on it.

nyclancer Mar 31, 2002 02:25 PM

for under 17K i dont expect much meat, and I didnt expect a super fast rally car ;)

Claudius Mar 31, 2002 02:29 PM

I dont think there's much you can do about that legally, although you might want to call a lawyer and find out more about it.

The only thing you can do now is sell the car and buy and Evo...

nyclancer Apr 1, 2002 09:38 AM

I find it hard to believe u didnt read the specs on the car's window....

ez4me2c3d Apr 1, 2002 10:16 AM

damn you know you gotta take more crap than that, especially for buying a car without knowing a damn thing about it. You didnt even test drive it? how much did you pay for you Injen?

apple.j Apr 1, 2002 10:33 AM

don't feel bad, i was sober. i still got the lancer though

evo penguin Apr 1, 2002 10:55 AM

HAHAHA

Apr 1, 2002 12:05 PM

Re: Not drunk, just Tipsy

Originally posted by SekaiDragon
He was talking about 192 bhp, 185 bhp. There were kits, upgrades. He even convinced me that it was on The Fast and the Furious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dooo, that **** came out a year ago, OZ came out 6 months ago.

carpoint.com

Hooby Apr 1, 2002 02:04 PM

alright ladies....that's enough ****....

we've all done some pretty stupid stuff when we were drunk.

keep it on topic

EvolutionV Apr 1, 2002 07:36 PM

:mitsu: Keep checking www.buschurracing.com. It is a DSM tuning company but they purchased a US Lancer OZ for development. They already made an exaust and intake, but right now they are developing a turbo kit witch would be really nice. So you could call them and find out details of where they stand with the Lancer.:mitsu: