EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Yes, traded my 370Z for Evo X! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/495981-yes-traded-my-370z-evo-x.html)

EvoXHoosier Jun 2, 2010 04:41 PM

Yes, traded my 370Z for Evo X!

Whats up guys? I'm formerly EvoIXHoosier... I know, I was real creative when I decided to change my name. I originally thought I was going to buy an evo ix then things didn't work out and I talked myself into getting an evo X.

I freakin love it! Finally worked out a trade deal with a dealer and traded my Z for his Evo and he gave me $2500 on top. Oh and I can't forget to mention that he also gave me a driver side back door that won't open from the inside (no it's not the child lock...I think the cable came loose from whatever it hooks onto, but I will find out tomorrow when I take it an hour out of my way to the nearest dealer), and the keyless entry doesn't work. The little red light at the top of the key fob lights up but nothing happens.

Also, when I go to lock my doors by pressing the lock button in the car, it instantly unlocks right after locking (as if there is a spare key lost in the car somewhere). Well they only gave me one set of keys and I am coming up on a week now with my new Evo and I still have yet to lock the doors lol...anywhere!

Anyway, I have been talking with Chris at Mellon Tuning and talk about some freaking customer service, that guy is on it! I am hoping to start ordering some parts by Friday and installing at some point into next week. I know how this stuff goes, so I should probably go ahead and not get my hopes up for getting parts installed next week, but that is still the goal.

Just wanted to say whats up and get my first post out of the way lol... Have a good one guys!

Ryan.Kauz Jun 2, 2010 04:52 PM

at least it doesnt hit the brown note when you hit maximum boost.

4WS Tuning Jun 2, 2010 04:59 PM

Grats on the purchase!

MikeTheGreek Jun 2, 2010 05:22 PM

grats!

Mellon Racing Jun 2, 2010 05:25 PM

looking forward to getting started on the X :)

RockmanX Jun 2, 2010 07:44 PM

grats get those locks first first thats the number one mod {thumbup}

EvoXHoosier Jun 2, 2010 07:59 PM

Thanks guys. I'm lovin the car so far, but getting anxious as hell for some parts lol. Can someone elaborate on the "brown note" for me? Cause' I held a gear perhaps a little longer than I should have the other night?? and it poured out a pretty good cloud of smoke (looked a lot like my diesel excursion lol) I see a lot of vids where evo's smoke a little, but it was a good cloud.

And yea, the locking issue is high on the priority list. I'm taking it in tomorrow and praying that its not some stupid electrical issue or something. It acts like the spare key is in there, like the electronics and everything turn on when I turn the "key", but the engine won't start (unless I have the (1) key fob that they gave me)...doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure a Mitsu dealer should be able to figure out the problem and solution pretty quickly, right?

btownsoccer22 Jun 2, 2010 08:05 PM

AHHHHHH a FELLOW HOOSIER

fastlanez Jun 2, 2010 08:15 PM

Congrats!

Noize Jun 2, 2010 08:20 PM

I'd lay money the locking issue and the not opening back door are one and the same.
Maybe someone tried to change the speakers in the rear door and goofed up the cable handle to the door opener/lock. That would cause all the symptoms you're seeing on both the door and the fob not locking.

Good luck.

Fittest Jun 2, 2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by EvoXHoosier (Post 8367001)
Thanks guys. I'm lovin the car so far, but getting anxious as hell for some parts lol. Can someone elaborate on the "brown note" for me? Cause' I held a gear perhaps a little longer than I should have the other night?? and it poured out a pretty good cloud of smoke (looked a lot like my diesel excursion lol) I see a lot of vids where evo's smoke a little, but it was a good cloud.

And yea, the locking issue is high on the priority list. I'm taking it in tomorrow and praying that its not some stupid electrical issue or something. It acts like the spare key is in there, like the electronics and everything turn on when I turn the "key", but the engine won't start (unless I have the (1) key fob that they gave me)...doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure a Mitsu dealer should be able to figure out the problem and solution pretty quickly, right?

LOL see "the brown note", most made famous by South Park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note

EvoXHoosier Jun 3, 2010 07:09 PM

lol, that "brown note" wiki definition helps out a lot lol.. thanks...

And to Noize: I got a call from the dealership today and they said there was a lot of slack in the cable in the door that opens the door... Well in the process of trying to "fix" it, they broke the cable (which probably isn't a bad thing, because who knows what they would have done if they didn't break it) New cable should be in Tuesday.

I totally would agree with what you are saying though Noize, especially because my speakers kind of cut out every now and then too. The guy that had it before me did a terrible job installing the cd player, I'm hoping I can correct all of this with a new system...Getting it installed next Thursday!

Hoping to order parts to start modding tomorrow. With any luck I'll be installing by the end of next week! Definitely feel like I need some luck though lol.

Do people on here do "build threads"... I mean, I guess I could look, but on the370z.com it was kind of a big deal to do a build thread. I guess that also could be because they were twin turbo and supercharger builds, which are a big deal for the 370. Guess that most people on here would probably care less because "everyone is doing it"...just my assumption though. Guess its probably time for me to quit bumping my first thread and just let it die lol.

ElectrIX Blue Jun 3, 2010 11:47 PM

congrats on the purchase

Tribal Jun 3, 2010 11:57 PM

congrats good purchase

Domolution Jun 4, 2010 12:00 AM

Congrats!

Congrats on ditch the Z too!

Enjoy your stay, have fun, and be safe.