EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   parents are saying mitsubishi is bad[HELP] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/591601-parents-saying-mitsubishi-bad-help.html)

vincentle01 Jan 3, 2012 11:33 AM

parents are saying mitsubishi is bad[HELP]

im looking in to buying a used car and ive showed my parents many cars and i finally found this white 2003 EVO 8 w/ roughly 70k miles. i mean why not right? its a 4 door, japanese, and it's fast.

What they are saying is, mitsubishi is just bad.. i asked why are they bad? and my mom just told me mechanics... so i dont know wtf that is because its way too broad...
can someone please tell me the Ups and Downs of owning a EVO 8/ or any mitsubishi..?

SilverShadow03 Jan 3, 2012 11:35 AM

Teen noob....lol

vincentle01 Jan 3, 2012 11:36 AM

yeah i am, thats why im asking for help on here.

sblvro Jan 3, 2012 11:40 AM

welcome and they are misinformed about the mitsubishi brand. if you are interested in the evo, you can hang around and read on the different subforums and learn about the evo.

fabcas311 Jan 3, 2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03 (Post 9863183)
Teen noob....lol

:lol::lol:

just tell your parents to log in here{thumbup}

vincentle01 Jan 3, 2012 11:46 AM

they barely know how to use a computer let alone read and understand what people are saying on here. can someone really just give me a serious answer to my problem? not trying to be rude or anything i just want a serious answer

maevo8 Jan 3, 2012 11:48 AM

Not a bad car at all u wont be dissapointed take them for a cruise in it haha

blkmkIII Jan 3, 2012 11:49 AM

Well I have a rule of thumb... Get a nice beater type car that is quick. Learn how to drive it, respect it ect. Dont drive like a ricer and then buy an evo so you dont wrap yourself around a tree. Drive like a teen, get in wrecks like a teen. It's a great car but maintenance is a large part of owning it outside of oil changes. 70k Id make sure the timing belt was done w/ paperwork of some sort before even considering it. Timing belt is $1000 job. + factor in if it breaks.... Your effed. I would get one with less mileage.

DontStopMe Jan 3, 2012 11:51 AM

You make it sound like there is an easy answer. There really isn't. If your parents are paying for the car, then stick with what you can get while you can. If you are looking for a first car, you honestly probably shouldn't get an evo anyways.

Bang for your buck (HP wise) with a decent amount of reliability is where an evo is at. But I'm sure your parents don't give 2 ****s about how fast the car is. (rightfully so)

Originally Posted by blkmkIII (Post 9863233)
Well I have a rule of thumb... Get a nice beater type car that is quick. Learn how to drive it, respect it ect. Dont drive like a ricer and then buy an evo so you dont wrap yourself around a tree. Drive like a teen, get in wrecks like a teen. It's a great car but maintenance is a large part of owning it outside of oil changes.

+1
Beat me to the punch and said it better than I could. {thumbup}

Tpatterson Jan 3, 2012 11:52 AM

There is no serious answer they just have no idea what they're talking about. If they can't give you a better description of why they're bad they just dont want you to buy it

Pssst Jan 3, 2012 11:55 AM

You don't just climb in the ring with Ali because you think you can box...

vincentle01 Jan 3, 2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pssst (Post 9863247)
You don't just climb in the ring with Ali because you think you can box...

good one...but not really interested.

thanks everyone else that gave their insight on my situation.

donmeca2020 Jan 3, 2012 12:00 PM

There is nothing wrong with with mitsubishi cars. Especially the evo, the car is great. word of warning if your 16 or whatever teenage age, maybe you shouldnt look into an evo, they arent honda's and for a first car that is definetly too much power for a beginner. maybe a corolla or honda civic would be better suited for you considering your just getting acclaimed with driving.

ViciousLSD Jan 3, 2012 12:00 PM

you parents think 'Dodge' when they hear 'Mitsubishi'. Thats history

Pssst Jan 3, 2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by vincentle01 (Post 9863254)
good one...but not really interested.

thanks everyone else that gave their insight on my situation.

:beer:{thumbup}

but in all honesty, this thread has a lot of good info
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...oking-evo.html

Not only the limited driving experience... but if your parents are paying for it, you may want to have them give insurance a call too... I dont think they will be too pleased to hear the premium numbers they will pay to be sure you are fully covered driving an evo.

If you are looking more affordable and want something similar to the evo. Try finding a Talon TSI and work your way up in the DSM world. {thumbup}{thumbup} :mitsu: