EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   After 4 years....finally back in a IX! :) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/610274-after-4-years-finally-back-ix.html)

bKevO May 3, 2012 09:37 PM

After 4 years....finally back in a IX! :)

19 Attachment(s)
I want to keep this as a build thread with mods & pictures as a good history of my car along the way. Enjoy!

Hey everyone! I use to own a GG SSL about 4 years ago. At the time it wasn’t the best financial decision so I made the sacrifice to better my future. It was the best decision I could have made becuase I’m in a much better place now. Hard work led to a much better place including recently getting married earlier this year March 2012. I always told myself I would get back into an evo when the time was right, so here I am lol.

Here’s the for-sale ad for my original IX back in 2008:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ast-coast.html

Attachment 315663
Attachment 315664
Attachment 315665
Attachment 315666

After searching for a few weeks after my wedding, I found a TB SE with 26,000 original miles in great condition. I can't thank the previous owner(s) enough for all the info on the car and for being straight forward and honest with the sale. The previous owner picked it up on evom and added maybe 500 miles since being it in early 2012. So for all intensive purposes, the previous owner brought it up from Maryland to New York for me (he trailered it) lol. Here is the original for-sale ad:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-maryland.html

We did a 14 hour round-trip drive to pick her up but it was well worth it. It was a long wait but well worth it! First impressions are WOW! Ironically, the last time I was in an evo was before I sold mine and it was probably around 330whp and now hovering closer to 400whp (dynojet). I forgot how fun highway driving is...passing people with a little blip of the pedal. Here are just a few pictures while picking her up at his shop - Superior Glass in Malone, NY:

Attachment 315667
Attachment 315668
Attachment 315669
Attachment 315670
Attachment 315671
Attachment 315672
Attachment 315673

The car came with full documentation including the car sticker and an original Evo "SE" brochure:
Attachment 315674
Attachment 315675
Attachment 315676
Attachment 315677
Attachment 315678
Attachment 315679
Attachment 315680
Attachment 315681

These are the mods already installed when I picked up the car in early May 2012 @ 26,000 miles:
BBK Full ported - tuned @ 26.5lbs
364whp / 300wtq on 93 pump gas on CBRD mustang dyno
Compression Test as of May 2012 = #1 (150-149), #2 (150-149), #3 (150-149), #4 (149-148)
CBRD FMIC with CBRD logo (3.8" garrett core)
CBRD UICP w/ small battery
AMS LICP
AMS TBE - catless
Megan o2 housing
Synapse BPV
Pierburg 3 port ebc
Perrin intake
Precision 1000cc injectors
Innovate wideband module
Walbro fuel pump
Greddy Boost Gauge (replaced @ 27,500 miles with Defi gauge)
Kenwood headunit w/ bluetooth (replaced @ 32,000 miles with 2013 Pioneer double-din)
Kenwood front and rear speakers
OEM MR Bilstein shocks
Tanabe springs (replaced @ 28,500 miles with Swift Spec-R's)
OEM vortex generator
OEM MR CF e-brake handle
OEM JDM rear
Nokya Hyper white fog lights (replaced @ 26,500 miles with yellow Nokya)
Demonwerkz Crash beam
Perrin shorty antenna
Mynes hood dampers
20% tint all around (removed @ 26,500 miles)

And these are the mods I've purchased BRAND NEW since picking up the evo:

Pictures are posted throughout the thread

May 2012 update @ 26,500 miles - purchased/installed mods:
OEM JDM window visors
OEM JDM amber markers
OEM JDM 8 MR taillights
Nokya Hyper yellow fog lights
Lo Jack with Early Warning Recovery
Removed 20% tint

May 26, 2012 update @ 27,000 miles - Hit & Run accident #1:
**Car was side-swipped on driver-side while parked on the street**
- There was damage to both doors and the side-skirt
- Accident happened in Rhode Island while I was attending a graduation at Brown University
- LUCKILY the guy left his personal information including time/date of accident, ironically he was there for the graduation also but he happened to be from Queens, NY....damn NY drivers!
- Car was taken to Martino Auto Concepts in Glen Cove, NY (they specialize in exotics)
- Car was repaired by replacing/painting only the door skins as the damage was superficial and I didn't want any type of dent repair/bondo, etc. Car turned out beautiful, they blended the paint perfectly.
- Car was in the shop for about 6 weeks due to back-order on door skins from Mitsu Japan.
- I was stuck driving a rental but I can't complain. It made me appreciate the new Ford Fusions lol.

July 2012 update @ 27,500 miles - purchased/installed mods:
Autometer dual pod
Innovate wideband gauge - red
Defi boost racer gauge - red
Rally Armor mudflaps w/ black lettering
McGard Wheel Locks for stock BBS - black
Extra TB trunk - I tried the wingless look but after 2 short weeks, I put my stock trunk back on.

September 2012 update @ 28,500 miles - I decided to get the 30K maintenance done:
Amsoil Z-Rod 10W-30 (found out I have a valve release on my oil pan for quick/easy change lol)
OEM Mitsu oil filter
NGK Iridium spark plugs (ILFR7H)
Amsoil Tranny 75W90 Gear Oil
Amsoil Transfer Case 75W90 Severe gear
Amsoil Rear Diff LSD 75W90 Severe gear
Swift Spec-R springs

November 2012 update @ 30,000 miles:
Blizzak LM-60 235/45/17
Torque Solutions underhood shifter bushings
Torque Solutions shifter base bushings
Flossy Heavyweight grip-tape shift knob (545 grams)
X-mas Tree shopping :-)

March 2013 update @ 31,500 miles:
Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS - 7" touchscreen headunit
OEM JDM double-din dash
OEM HVAC labels x3
Cyanide HVAC relocation kit

April 2013 update @ 32,000 miles:
Enkei NT03+M - 18x9.5 +27 (Pearl White)
Stock Evo X Advan's - 245/40/18
Ichiba 10mm spacers w/ extended studs
McGard wheel lugs & locks - gold plated

May 2013 update @ 32,500 miles:
Rexpeed CF side-skirts
Rexpeed CF JDM rear-skirts

June 2013 update @ 33,000 miles:
OEM JDM MR 8 headlights
Yellow Nokya Foglight bulbs (9006)
Hella Twin Supertone Horns
Whiteline 24MM Rear Sway Bar
Competition Clutch Stage 2 w/ OEM flywheel & TOB

July 2013 update @ 34,000 miles - Hit & Run accident #2:
**Car was backed into while parked on the street causing slight damage to the front bumper and lip**
**OEM side-skirts and Rexpeed CF extensions stolen**
- My actual 1st wife is convinced my custom plates have cursed the car lol.
- There was superficial damage to the front bumper/lip. More of a dent with minimal paint scratch.
- Accident and theft both happened in Brooklyn area but again, I was not in the vehicle so I was not at-fault. I was forced to open a claim because the skirts are expensive and I figured why not have the front bumper resprayed to new! Geico really helped me out with this. No $$ impact at all to my policy.
- Again, the car was taken to Martino Auto Concepts in Glen Cove, NY
- Although, I specifically asked not to replace the front bumper (because the damage did not warrant one), there must have been some confusion. The good news is that I got a brand new OEM front bumper and SE lip with all clips. I really wanted to keep all original parts with VIN's intact but I can't be upset at getting brand new parts. They also went ahead and got me OEM side skirts, replaced the Rexpeed skirts and noticed there was a slight crack in my left JDM MR rear taillight (caused during shipping), so they replaced that too!
- As always, the car turned out beautiful - brand spanking new! No license plate holes!!!
- Car was in the shop for about 6 weeks due to back-order on parts from Mitsu Japan but it was all good getting around in another Ford Fusion rental lol.
- First thing I got installed was an alarm system (shame on me for not doing that earlier).

September 2013 update @ 34,500 miles:
Viper 2-way alarm with remote start and all extra proximity sensors
Redline Goods shift-boot and arm-rest in Nappa Leather w/ red stitching to match SE seats
Cusco front-brace
Odyssey small battery

October 2013 update @ 35,000 miles:
Rexpeed CF trunk lip
Winter duties - threw on the dedicated winter tire set

April 2014 update @ 40,000 miles:
Complete fluid flush (motor, drivetrain) getting ready for summer
EBC Red front brake pads
Hawk HPS rear brake pads
StopTech front/rear ss brake lines
1999 Honda CRV for daily duties (top 5 best mod thus far lol)
Full exterior/interior detail

May 2014 update @ 41,000 miles:
New tires - Hankook Evo12 in 245/35/18 - I meant to place an order for 245/40/18 but I messed up
NT03m curb rash repair and powdercoat to gold (thanks Espos!)
Cusco front brace - powdercoated to match wheels
4 Brand New Enkei center caps w/ bolts
Fortune Auto 500 series Gen5 coilovers w/ Swift Spring upgrade (8k/8k)
Broadway wide rearview mirror
McGard black wheel lug/lock set

And here's the wishlist:
Exterior
Varis rear diffuser
Rexspeed rear & side polarized mirrors
Power
SpoolinUp COP
GSC S2 cams
Springs/valves/retainers
ARP headstuds, headgasket
CBRD-JMF Twinscroll Manifold
Interior
Pioneer sound system - speakers/sub/amp
Audio Integrations custom sub-enclosure

It's a great feeling to be back.

-Fernando

Anarchy99 May 3, 2012 09:45 PM

Congrats

kyoo May 3, 2012 09:50 PM

wow low miles

suekie May 3, 2012 10:07 PM

car looks good. JDM rears make the car look sooo much better

Mistaken May 3, 2012 10:13 PM

Congrats! Looks great.

Jeror32 May 4, 2012 05:56 AM

Thanks for the free advertising in the background! Glad you like it. Like you, I too will be back in
an Evo when the time is right. Hopefully I'll find one like that black demon.

MitsuCrazy May 4, 2012 09:37 AM

Nice Evo and welcome back to the Mitsu family

donotswitchoff0 May 4, 2012 03:15 PM

Welcome back my dude! Car looks good! Be sure to buy the rubber bumper protection

DeeezNuuuts83 May 4, 2012 04:45 PM

Congratulations... but I've never seen that IX SE brochure. Can you post up bigger pictures or scans of it? I'd appreciate it.

bKevO May 4, 2012 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Anarchy99 (Post 10142034)
Congrats

Thanks! It feels great!

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 10142039)
wow low miles

Yeah one of the lowest I could find with all the right mods. Pretty much exactly what I would have done if it were stock.

Originally Posted by suekie (Post 10142055)
car looks good. JDM rears make the car look sooo much better

Agreed 100%....as an added bonus it has a modified crash beam so it was done right.

Originally Posted by Mistaken (Post 10142063)
Congrats! Looks great.

Thank you sir!

bKevO May 4, 2012 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jeror32 (Post 10142352)
Thanks for the free advertising in the background! Glad you like it. Like you, I too will be back in an Evo when the time is right. Hopefully I'll find one like that black demon.

I meant to ask if you were OK with me posting that pic, so no problem. :cool:

Originally Posted by MitsuCrazy (Post 10142856)
Nice Evo and welcome back to the Mitsu family

Thank you! I have a lot of reading to do to catch up from where I left off of whats current in the eve world lol.

Originally Posted by donotswitchoff0 (Post 10143542)
Welcome back my dude! Car looks good! Be sure to buy the rubber bumper protection

Thanks bro! We have to meet up soon. Let me know whenever you're in the neighborhood or decide to do a cruise. And yeah for now it's being parked off the street and at least 100 yards from the closest vehicle lol.

bKevO May 4, 2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 (Post 10143716)
Congratulations... but I've never seen that IX SE brochure. Can you post up bigger pictures or scans of it? I'd appreciate it.

Yeah I didn't either until yesterday lol. I'll try to take better pix and post for you. {thumbup}

DeeezNuuuts83 May 4, 2012 05:11 PM

Cool, thanks ahead of time.

Evil8MR May 4, 2012 06:51 PM

Sweet ride bro!

I used to have the brochures, then lost them in a move.

I have been looking for the ix sales brochure for a few years. Are you willing to part with it? Let me know... :)

DeeezNuuuts83 May 4, 2012 06:55 PM

If you're talking about the regular IX brochure, I think I have a second copy. I keep one in my car (it's random, but I did it just in case I got pulled over for something that is stock) but I think I have another one in a box somewhere in my closet. I'll let you know if I find it.

On that topic, anyone willing to part with the IX SE brochure?