EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Evo IX 9 What is the Best OIl?? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/631421-evo-ix-9-what-best-oil.html)

ghost253 Oct 5, 2012 11:08 AM

Evo IX 9 What is the Best OIl??

I hear all these different things about oils like use royal purple or mobile 1 10w30 or 5w30 always but who knows the real answer to this question?:confused:

gsrboi80 Oct 5, 2012 11:27 AM

There is no best. Stick with a synthetic and regular changes and you'll never have an oil related issue PERIOD.

WS111 Oct 5, 2012 11:31 AM

This is like asking what is the best color to have, your going to get a million different answers on here. Just like mentioned above, go with a good synthetic and change it regularly. I personally use Amsoil but have also used Mobile 1 in the past and never had a problem with either.

Ev0ikon Oct 5, 2012 11:38 AM

If it's stock engine use Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10W30.

apagan01 Oct 5, 2012 12:11 PM

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/images/ZRT_900.jpg

gsrboi80 Oct 6, 2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by apagan01 (Post 10437917)

Not the best, actually it's ****ing annoying.

nytalonTSi Oct 6, 2012 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 10437834)
There is no best. Stick with a synthetic and regular changes and you'll never have an oil related issue PERIOD.

Yessir.

I stick with 10w-30 all year round.

MinusPrevious Oct 6, 2012 07:01 AM

Join this forum & read the opinions /facts

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...s.php?ubb=cfrm

ghost253 Oct 6, 2012 09:38 AM

thank you for all the help i am gonna stick with the synthetic 10w30 mobile 1 i guess its a really good racing brand also.

apagan01 Oct 6, 2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ghost253 (Post 10437808)
I hear all these different things about oils like use royal purple or mobile 1 10w30 or 5w30 always but who knows the real answer to this question?:confused:

Mobil hydrocracked oil group 3, AMSOIL Easter oil group 4. You do the math.
The difference is seen in better MPG, increased reliability specially from the turbo.
Technologies for oils have advanced amazingly companies like AMSOIL and Motul have taken advantage of them.

itsmrrizz2you Oct 6, 2012 01:59 PM

best oil for your motor/turbo is brad penn.

gsrboi80 Oct 6, 2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by ghost253 (Post 10439189)
thank you for all the help i am gonna stick with the synthetic 10w30 mobile 1 i guess its a really good racing brand also.

Originally Posted by apagan01 (Post 10439532)
Mobil hydrocracked oil group 3, AMSOIL Easter oil group 4. You do the math.
The difference is seen in better MPG, increased reliability specially from the turbo.
Technologies for oils have advanced amazingly companies like AMSOIL and Motul have taken advantage of them.

Ghost please disregard bolded as simply put it is utter bull****. Your stock engine and turbos life will not suffer, nor will you see some magic MPG increase using AMSOIL over M1.

Like I said it's annoying at best

apagan01 Oct 6, 2012 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 10439564)
Ghost please disregard bolded as simply put it is utter bull****. Your stock engine and turbos life will not suffer, nor will you see some magic MPG increase using AMSOIL over M1.

Like I said it's annoying at best

Oh my here we go again with mr gsrboi, man you are like that speed bump that shows up once in a while that I forget to slow down for :eek:

You sir have no experience, all you bring in here are opinions. Your arrogance and ignorance is what is devastating here. Why don't you do some research run labs on your oils and come to these forums and try and prove science wrong, prove to us the new oils are not inferior.
His motor and turbo WILL benefit from an oil that is not hydrocracked there is no question about that, and that has a good strong ZDDP package. This is an area that people much smarter than you have understood, engine builders, shops, and heavy racers in this same forum.
Talk to any racing team all the way from NASCAR to the small one man operation, talk to any real gear head about the importance of ZDDP. You will find out that there were some things you missed along your learning path.

gsrboi80 Oct 6, 2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by apagan01 (Post 10439584)
Oh my here we go again with mr gsrboi, man you are like that speed bump that shows up once in a while that I forget to slow down for :eek:

You sir have no experience, all you bring in here are opinions. Your arrogance and ignorance is what is devastating here. Why don't you do some research run labs on your oils and come to these forums and try and prove science wrong, prove to us the new oils are not inferior.
His motor and turbo WILL benefit from an oil that is not hydrocracked there is no question about that, and that has a good strong ZDDP package. This is an area that people much smarter than you have understood, engine builders, shops, and heavy racers in this same forum.
Talk to any racing team all the way from NASCAR to the small one man operation, talk to any real gear head about the importance of ZDDP. You will find out that there were some things you missed along your learning path.

So you are going to sit here and still feed your salesman bull**** that by not running an oil with grossly elevated levels of ZDDP in his modern day street car that he will sacrifice engine and turbo life. :lol:

My god what a frigging joke.

I have run plenty of UOA's over the years with no issues to speak of and have had no oil related issues with my real world, high milage, non factory turbo car ever. Nor will I.

You're a salesman I get that, but the scare tactics and frankly AMSOILS whole marketing scheme is again utter bull****.

Have fun with the sheep {thumbup}

ReaperX Oct 6, 2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 10439607)
So you are going to sit here and still feed your salesman bull**** that by not running an oil with grossly elevated levels of ZDDP in his modern day street car that he will sacrifice engine and turbo life.

My god what a frigging joke.

I have run plenty of UOA's over the years with no issues to speak of and have had no oil related issues with my real world, high milage, non factory turbo car ever. Nor will I.

You're a salesman I get that, but the scare tactics and frankly AMSOILS whole marketing scheme is again utter bull****.

Have fun with the sheep

Something funny with your comments.... every.... EVERY oil company makes claims like that regardless. So do tire manufacturers, brake manufacturers.... everyone's products "make" cars last longer, run stronger.

Everyone also has their favorite products to use and swear it's the only thing you should run, regardless....

Why don't you stop insulting folks.... and grow up