Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Installed EVO Injen Intake System

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Installed EVO Injen Intake System

Today I installed the Injen Intake system on my '04 Evo. This thing comes with EVERYTHING you need...all hoses, clamps, nuts, intake pipe, huge filter, upper I/C piping, and the directions are pretty easy to understand. I had a couple buddies help out (very much recommended by anybody installing it themselves) and it took about 3 1/2 hours from the first bolt out till the last bolt back in.

One thing you do have to do that the instructions DO NOT tell you HOW TO is make sure you take the front bumper off before starting. After that, just follow the directions and it just bolts right on. Afterwards, we took it for a test drive and WHOLLY (*&#$ there's a HUGE difference. I'm still running the stock BOV, but damn...you can hear the air sucking in and then when you let off or pop in the clutch it's got that LOUD pfsssssst sound. I also noticed that extra HP you get from installing this. If anybody out there is thinking of getting an intake for their EVO, I definately recommend this Injen setup...it's worth the extra money. To anybody out there putting one on and has any questions, like getting the MAS off from the stock box, let me know and I'll try to help out.
The following users liked this post:
EVO7-GTA (Apr 11, 2020)
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you have to take off the front bumper? Is it a cold air setup or somethin?
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

To install the upper intercooler piping, you have to take the front bumper off
Attached Images  
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like you can do it with the under tray off.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

You might be able to get at everything from underneath if you jack the crap out of the car, remove the unbelievable amount of plastic screws, and have a tiny little arm to get up in there. It's just a LOT easier to follow the directions already posted on the forums of how to take your front bumper off, and go at in from there.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Good times
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Does your car stall-out at all, especially when you are driving and you let the RPMs drop to below 1000 rpms??
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo VIII 4o1
Does your car stall-out at all, especially when you are driving and you let the RPMs drop to below 1000 rpms??
Mine doesn't stall , heck it runs like a bat out of Hell .
Old Sep 28, 2004, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

No stalling at all, sounds like a damn tornado when I'm driving though! lol, not complaining at all, people turn their heads when I pass...it's awesome.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 06:00 AM

I will be doing this install myself tomorrow during the day as well. Just a quick question...I have the HKS RS intake also and I plan on using it for now instead of using the Injen intake. So basically I'll be installing INJEN's ic pipes. Is it better to move the BOV (I just got the GREDDY) to the INJEN IC pipes or keep the BOV on the Intake pipe?
Old Oct 3, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Unhappy

No idea, sorry!
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:48 PM

Got it installed. I do get the stalling sometimes when I let go of the gas at traffic. Might have to do with the new Greddy BOV settings. Gonna play around with it. But the quality of the pipes isn't that bad and I'm happy with them. One thing I noticed however....the rubber hose that connects the intercooler to the pipe gets a bit bent when connecting to the INJEN IC pipe. Kinda sucks that it does....
Old Oct 5, 2004, 02:46 AM

I also noticed that the hose from the upper intercooler piping mating the lower piping is pretty short.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

I have the same intake (Injen) and I also love it, it definitely sounds cool, makes it sound like you have an aftermarket BOV too, so you get 2 things for teh price of one

I installed mine without taking off the bumper, I didnt think it was a PITA, maybe a bit harder, but not all that difficult.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:21 PM

Just jack it up, and take off the under tray. it's easy to get from there, unless you have a problem laying on your back. The only pita about the install I had was getting the stock intake tube off. The clamp was unable to reach, so I had to literally pry it off the turbo. Took me an hour and a half to get that part done. I screwed up my maf (my fault) but I got a new one, and it looks, and sounds great. blow off almost sounds aftermarket.

Quick Reply: Installed EVO Injen Intake System