Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My noobish question of the week :)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My noobish question of the week :)

What the voltage gauge on the MR do? Actually a better question is what is it useful for?
Old May 20, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

noobish question, so why didnt you posted it on the newbie section? anywayz..
answer to your question, its the battery voltage read out. completely worthless in my opinion. well.. maybe unless u're in middle of alaska where it's freezing cold and the battery needs certain amount of volts to roll the starter. even for that, its kinda worthless.
Old May 20, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It reads your voltage........

Basically it shows you if your system is charging ok...if your alternator is working.
Old May 20, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Type SS,

I wouldn't call it completly worthless, it fulfills a funtion and additionally and just for clarification all the Voltimeters are accurate.

Just in case you were wondering, also the boost gauge on the MR is decently accurate as well. I have an additional Defi gauge(the expensive one) on my MR and the reading from the stock MR gauge and the Defi are very similar.

I'd say they perform their funtion very well. I personally read the voltimeter everyday because I use the A/C here in AZ and you can see the volt drop.

For the second time and just to settle my comments I even have a secondary Voltmeter from my Apexi turbo timer and guess what? it shows the same voltage than my factory stock MR voltmeter gauge.

I hope I made it clear they are as funcional as accurate.

My .2c

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; May 20, 2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old May 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

i didnt say it doesnt function well. i said it's worthless meaning = not useful as

other gauges.
Old May 20, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by [TYPE]SS
i didnt say it doesnt function well. i said it's worthless meaning = not useful as

other gauges.
Thanks for the clarification. . As you know English is not my first language and I often missunderstand the wording.

My comments are towards the stock gauges, they are very funtional to me and I still use them as a diagnosis tool.

Is all good.

Carlos
Old May 20, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
maybe when u get loads of power sucking amps and other stuff you need to know if the battery or rather the alternator is keping up?

also, it kind of tells u if the alternator is doing a good job by keeping a constant voltage and maybe tells u somehow that the battery is running weak with no engine running (alternator not supplying current)

dunno but just trying to squeeze some use out of it!

wael
Old May 22, 2006, 11:17 AM

Mitsubishi put the voltage gauge there so when people looked at the car they said "Wow look at all those gauges, It must be fast." It is a completely worthless piece of plastic.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly.