Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo Ix Mr **help**

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:21 PM
Pocket Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When there are dealerships selling a brand new IX MR for 32,999, anything more is paying too much. Even with shipping cost factored in, I still bought my car for significantly less than what local dealerships were willing to do.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:27 PM

That is pretty sick - eh, what are you going to do? I live in Phoenix and that's the best price I could find. I still don't think I'd feel comfortable purchasing a car that I've never seen though.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:51 PM

I agree it's a bit of risk to purchase an entire car via internet. But after much nerves and sweat while it was in transit, everything worked out and I think total cost after shipping & AZ TTL was about $34.5k for my MR...

I think you did pretty well, btw! I talked to the dealer here and they basically said their cost was $35k and they would have asked $37k--assuming they could even get a WW MR delivered here eventually 'cause they didn't have one on the lot. Of course, you lucky guys in PHX have a couple dealerships to play against each other; there's only one down here in TUS!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:46 AM
Pocket Mo

Phoenix to Hunington Beach isn't too long of a drive either. 3 hours each way so 6 hours total? The savings are more than worth it to me.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:18 AM
pao
Evolving Member

Like some have mentioned, it really depends on the scarcity of the car within its specific location. I originally got my car from Auburn Mitsubishi in Washington for 38.5K; the MSRP was 35.6K but markedup to 44K. It took me about 8hrs to get it down to that priced. Another location, Tacoma Mitsubishi, had a few MR's for 46K and one for 48K. I was like holy S!!!!T screw that.

I traded in a used Sentra with ~ 15k miles (my college car) and got 8.4K and cashed out the remaining. A few things you should be careful of is the additional 2.3K (or somewhere in the vicinity) for extended warranty. Mitsubishi's warranty is already very comprehensive, so dishing out 2K or more for a dealer's warrenty isn't worth it and it helps bring down the overall cost of the car. One last thing you want to make sure of is when tax is applied: before or after your appraisal (if you have one). Of course you always want it after the appraisal and downpayment deducted from the negotiated price meaning a less taxable amount for you.

Last edited by pao; Oct 12, 2006 at 02:26 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

I guess I overpaid for my GG MR at 35,200 here in Washington. Oops.... and by the way, MSRP on a regular MR (non SE) is 36,892.00.

Search this Thread