Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo Ix Mr **help**

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Ix Mr **help**

Hey guys i am new to these forums. My name is Tim and i own a Stage II WRX (05) And i am going to the mitsubishi dealer on Friday and just may be purchasing a brand new Evo IX MR. What i would like to know is what do you guys think that i should settle on for a price on this thing. Just to help me with talking to the saleman. Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome! and one good advice, the SEARCH feature is your friend.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:47 PM

I just purchased my Evo IX MR a few weeks ago. You're in for a rough deal because most dealerships sell them ABOVE MSRP. However, with some negotiation I got mine for about $500 under so around $35,100 before the trade-in and down payment applied. I also got an extended warranty for $700 and a free lojack system.

Good luck with your purchase - the car is fun as hell!!!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

the only way u can make good money is sell it privately like on auto trader the dealer is always gonna try to dick u!! good luck
Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:00 PM

Word - but I purchased a new Evo because I know it's probably had the hell driven out of it. Granted, most Evo owners take care of their cars but there's no way to tell for sure unless you're purchasing from a friend. Just my opinion.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nads07
Hey guys i am new to these forums. My name is Tim and i own a Stage II WRX (05) And i am going to the mitsubishi dealer on Friday and just may be purchasing a brand new Evo IX MR. What i would like to know is what do you guys think that i should settle on for a price on this thing. Just to help me with talking to the saleman. Thanks for your input.

Check out the prices South Coast Mitsubishi is selling the Evos for and try using that as a bargaining chip.

You may not get it for as low as they're offering, but if you can get close it'll make up for the cost of getting the car to you from California.

If not, you may just save money by buying it at South Coast and either driving it back home or having it shipped to you.

Good luck!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
az evo mr:

No offense but you really overpaid.....32999 is the price u should have paid
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
isnt the MSRP on an loaded MR 38.5k..... last time i checked the mitsu website it was...

Last edited by joseph143; Oct 3, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

JDMevoBOOST...... you dont even own an Evo so how do you know what over paying is. An MR is quite a bit more the a regular IX 33grand is really underpriced for a MR if you can find a dealer that will give one up for that price then you better beg barrow and steal to get the cash because you can trade it right back in for a prophet. 5 grand off MSRP is bellow what the dealer gets the car for. I paid a lil over 36 for mine and in most cases that is a deal. I know every Evo owner in the area for the most part and I got mine the cheapest. Cali might be a lil different but i dont know. How can you honestly tell someone on this furom they got ripped off when you dont even have the car this furom is for. this is the site for you.... www.acuraforums.com/

Last edited by joseph143; Oct 3, 2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:12 AM
Account Disabled

The average price at an average dealership will workout in the following manner.

(Example taken from El paso Mitubishi.)

MSRP say 36K
Car Butler $750
Delivery and destination caharge say 250 to keep it round.
AVAILABILITY CHARGE: 1.5 - 2k

Total 38.5-40k

Yes this is what the first IX MR was sold for at El Paso mitsubishi. It was a a white one and ws sold to a guy named Aaron. Aaron also owns a STI and a Viper GT-S w custom turbo kit.

On a side note a RS is expected to go for 32 a GSR base around 34-35
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:18 AM
Account Disabled

As an after thought....

I am not sure on MA laws, but most states require a delaership to return cr to stock or close to prior to re-selling. When I traded in my WRX the mods were stripped down and passed out like confetti between teh service men that removed them. Had I know i would have done so myself and sold the parts. What I'm saying is the dealership isn't going to give you jack and **** for your mods. Also Kelly blue book is wrong on appraising your vehicle. Expect at lest 10-15% below tht price. I forget the systems name, but it is the universal appraising bible for car dealerships.

*Can anyone tell I lived with a mitsu salesman?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

actually aaron lies... I know him... his STI is "his" but his mommy bought it for him. The viper is black and supercharged but its strickly his mom's.... And he got his IX with the help of his MOM.... He was the only person to get his hands on a MR before me as far as i know. Bastard.
oh and he calls all EVO's Eslows....
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:23 AM
Account Disabled

LOL I barely knew Aaron...he is umm special. i actually spent more time down at evolution motorsports working with Gabe and Brian on teh Carbon Fiber evo.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

are we argueing who got their evo' first? lol the country is pretty big that takes some ***** to try to say you were first or second, or have any idea what number you were in fact.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

sorry... typo.... only person in el paso to have an MR before me... my mistake.