Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

help a beginner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help a beginner

hows it goin, im looking to getting a new car be it used or whatever and i've been looking at lancers alot and some friends of mine have suggested them. I see stories of how people can waste other cars but i don't understand hwo with 130 horsepower. Im not very knowledgeable on cars so please inform me if im wrong. Im looking at the lancers because i like their looks and a few people have told me they can out run hondas and other cars teens drive. I also like their crash test rating but can you tell me how i would do if some punkass pulled up to me in a civic and wanted me to race? and what all can i do to a lancer ( and how easy / inexpensive ) it would be to get it to racing status?

please inform me of all prose and cons

thanks

dustin
Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

check the US lancer turbo addition, it costs 2800$+ but you get crazy horsepower from the single overhead cam engine on the regular lancers.. www.roadracemotorsports.com..

other than that, the lancer EVO's (8) have crazy horsepower stock
but cost a schwack more of cash
Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

yup. you could probably pick up a used lancer for about 6 or 7(probably 9), then use another 3g's on the engine and beat wrx's, mustangs, etc with that turbo. theyre pretty potent..

other than that, and intake/exhaust will probably make you run along side most civics. theres a lot of top end power from the intake/exhaust. (but i'd just go with a turbo )
Old Jun 2, 2003, 09:58 PM

Lancer

well i have to say stock the car is slow as hell but will keep up with a civic but all ya need to start is a short ram intake or cold air intake and u'll smoke um bad enough to smile and laugh when u stop at the next light with um and the reason why a lancer can smoke a civic so nice and smoothly is cuz we all have something they dont (besides HP hee hee) called TORUQE!! and lots of it id say go for the US lancer good to start with and u can make it go pretty fast with Turbo and other things but if u have money to blow get the EVO but for the normal man with normal income get the US spec Lancer its worth what ull pay !!!
Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Gonna move this to the newbie forum, say welcome and then a very important thign to keep in mind. There are very bad drivers out there. Even in a straight line. You'd be suprised at what 120hp, 130 lbs/ft, a relatively flat powerline for a 2.0l inline 4 and a good driver can keep up with or beat.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 06:07 AM

Go for an Evo. They are strong,reliable and easy to mod. I've spent about £6000 on my Evo V, but it easily out accelerates my friend's Ferrari up to 145 - 150mph. Overtakes everything on trackdays apart from other trick Evos.