Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My First Evo Purchase Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Evo Purchase Nightmare

First I want to say I was very excited to be approved so easy from my Alt Bank ALASKA USA. I was alittle worried as this was my frist car NOT though GMAC. I told them how much I wanted and it did take 48 hours but I got what I needed. Ill get back to the 48 hour wait as that was part of the problem.

So I started out with my local dealership the price was 34k for a silver or Grey both of which I didnt want. I called the bank at that time for 28k as I was going to pay cash for the rest. I looked on line at several dealerships and found I could get them cheaper.

So I started out with Beverton Mitsubishi out of WA. They had a "great price " for a "ES" 31k so we started the paperwork and when I asked about the options I realized "wait this is an RS " "oh yeah isnt that what you wanted In the end they would have cost alot more than Local dealership.

So I called a few other dealerships:
SC Mitsu out of CAli Great deals lots in stock. WONT SHIP TO ALASKA. WONT ALLOW you to BUY with out Going to the dealership.

Now here is where I am at now. Inbetween Cali and now I called Mountain Mitsubishi out of Tacoma Washington. First I called and I was getting a car under invoice they were going to throw the car at me I couldnt be happier. I was waiting for that (48) hour from my bank and I told them I would get approved and I did but they car got sold. Now I am not mad really cause I cant blame them for taking cash when a customer walks in but it didnt help my cause at all. So Now the new month comes out and the dealership no longer needs to sell the car at that price.
They found me another Black IX SE the price 33.5k so I took it. All and all I have to say even with what happened I am satisfied at this point. I hope to god this car is everything I read it is. I have to say this is 10000x harder than getting any gm car. GMAC approved me on an escalade that cost 61k LOL
Old May 3, 2007, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll find it's worth every penny. When the car remains confident and composed when you reach YOUR driving limits --- and you know it can do more --- that's when you'll realize that it's a bargain at twice the price. Be safe out there!
Old May 3, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

I guess SC mitsu figured out that they are worthless, good-for-nothings; and cant figure out how to mail a check on time and for the right amount of money for shipping without lying to someone a million times.... [/end-rant]

p.s. I would have much rather pent the extra 2k just to not have to wait over a month to get my car after they got their paperwork.
Old May 4, 2007, 07:45 AM

Why is it that you weren't able to buy from South Coast?

While their recommended carrier might not ship to Alaska (I don't know what DAS' policy is on this), I don't see why you couldn't have just hired your own transport company to deliver it to you.

It doesn't make any sense on having to be at the dealership to buy the car. Numerous people, including myself, have bought from there without ever setting foot in the dealership.
Old May 4, 2007, 08:02 AM

damn dude u can easily say u worked your A++ out to get the car!! CONGRATS
Old May 4, 2007, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Geese1

While their recommended carrier might not ship to Alaska (I don't know what DAS' policy is on this), I don't see why you couldn't have just hired your own transport company to deliver it to you.

It doesn't make any sense on having to be at the dealership to buy the car. Numerous people, including myself, have bought from there without ever setting foot in the dealership.
Better yet, fly down there and pick the car up yourself.
Get a few buddies together and it'll be an awesome road trip back up to Alaska.
By the time you get home, the car will be just about broken in....actually it prolly will be.

Thats what I would do.
Old May 4, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
be patient, shop around. Maybe make a trip to the dealer. I hate dealing over the phone, etc. and i would rather drive my car than getting it shipped. - you need 700 miles on the car anyways before you get on it anyways. GL man
Old May 4, 2007, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Geese1

According to the dealership you cant have a carrier take the car off the lot. I was told I have to come to the lot and take it off myself. I already had the loan and had a carrier that was willing to do it.
Old May 4, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
be patient, shop around. Maybe make a trip to the dealer. I hate dealing over the phone, etc. and i would rather drive my car than getting it shipped. - you need 700 miles on the car anyways before you get on it anyways. GL man
See I am in the military and stationed in Alaska. Since everything is so far away getting a milage pass is not possible. Taking leave is not possible unless its Block leave so I dont get to do that. I did end up getting the car out of Seattle still going to cost me around 12-1500 to get it here from there.
Old May 4, 2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Maxdelta
According to the dealership you cant have a carrier take the car off the lot. I was told I have to come to the lot and take it off myself. I already had the loan and had a carrier that was willing to do it.
I paid for door-to-door delivery for mine, which means the carrier picked it up at the dealership and dropped it off at my house.

Seems like you were fed a line...

Anyway, sounds like you'll be getting your car soon enough. Enjoy!
Old May 4, 2007, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I dunno what the deal was I mean the saleman and I worked the deal I got the loan called them back to get the deal finalized and the own said that unless I came there I couldnt do it. oh well