Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

neons, what colors are illegal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question neons, what colors are illegal?

imma get some neons soon, but i heard some colors are illegal. i want either red, orange, or green ones, and how much do they cost? and how hard is installation? where do i get them? at some autozone, idk, feedback please, i appreciate it
Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

www.google.com would have been easier
Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every color is illegal in every state...

Or atleast they should be
Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:46 AM

under car neons are out of fashion... do not even think about them we passed them in the early 2000's waste ur money for something else..
Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by m4tt VIII
Every color is illegal in every state...

Or atleast they should be
+1
Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

The only permissible colors visible from the front: White, amber.
The only permissible colors visible from the rear: Red, white, amber.
From the side: Red, white, amber.

So any color other than red, amber and white are illegal in all 48 states according to DOT. And no red visible from the front.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

sorry bro you got involved in a forum where 95% of the people are ****ing dicks and flame you, instead of answering your question. i see there's only one normal reply. rock what you like, my evo puts out 390hp and i had green underglow. they can flame my car all they want cuz most people don't have anything like my car other than the ****** on this forum. it looked really good but, is a pain in the *** to keep from breaking bulbs from daily driving. rocks and all that ****, you end up needing a bulb every month or two so i ripped mine off and thats what i hear most people do. put it on and rip it off. good luck and **** all you flaming ******. ****ing so tired of it man. keep pushing everyone out of the scene instead of bringin people in. it's bull****
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down

Depends on your local laws. Where I live in PA all are illegal while the vehicle is underpower.(moving) You can do whatever the hell you want while the car is parked.

In other news NEONS are the biggest addition to any vehicle. Please reconsider spending your money on them.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

i asked my friends dad, who is a cop, he says that red white and blue are illegal, because those colors are on cop cars. idk about aqua, but that doesnt matter in ur ase cause u dont want aqua. i say orange, paint ur calipers orange too if u do get orange, but if u get green please dont paint ur calipers green. IMO.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

pretty sure you can't have neons on at all when the car is in motion... if its sitting still, you can have any color(s) you want turned on
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

... if its sitting still, you can have any color(s) you want turned on
If it's NOT on a public roadway. If it's parked on a public road, all bets are off.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mmartahus
pretty sure you can't have neons on at all when the car is in motion... if its sitting still, you can have any color(s) you want turned on
thats what i've always read/heard.

also...if you do decide to go with this atrocious mod...please install the bulbs up under the car so you can't see them walking around it. nothing is more horrendous than seeing the bulb hanging down below the car...let alone underbodies at all. i do not condone of this mod however.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

You can also go for led strips. I was looking at them a while back cuz they dont break and shatter all over the road which is more of the reason neons are illegal. **** isn't suppose to be falling off of ur ride while ur driving it. A lot of trucker sites have them, just do a google search and you should find a ton.

gl
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:53 PM

why not do what those vip tuner guys do? they have these spot light looking things under the car and they look awsome! you can also install them in your engine bay and in your suspension area so during nigh time car shows you can attract attention.

imho, i hate neons! but if you like it why not right?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:03 PM

personally i think thats heated.. and riced.. just my opinion i mean it might of been cool when you were in highschool .. just my .2

Quick Reply: neons, what colors are illegal?