Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My First Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My First Evo

Hello,
--ladies and gentleman.

Glad to be a part of the Evo nation, because as of today I'm the proud owner of an 2005 Lancer Evo. 8, I just purchased today: (5/30/09 4:30 Eastern Atlanta) at a dealership for 16K The car has 55K on the odometer. Plus a trade- in of course.

Well anyways as you can see this is my *first post--and you all can rip on me for being a typical noobie for not searching. But I would like ask what is the standard boost for the 05 base Evo 8. and its a/f. <---I'm asking this because as I came approx. 1 mile from home the hotside pipe popped off and I thought bent a valve or worse blew the engine because the car would not go past 10-15mph in 1st gear (and suddenly sputter and shutoff.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ladies like the wing.....lol

Last edited by Sil'vr-Boi6; Jun 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old May 31, 2009, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16K at a dealer isn't bad.
Old May 31, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

wait... you jsut drove home in the car you just bought? and it did this?
Old May 31, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks fellas'

16k really isn't bad...considering the previous owner installed what looks like a 3" Greddy Exh. , a back up camera on the trunk, some cheap a/f device and the coldside aftermarket pipe that popped off.

Mr Lance --...tell me about it ...I couldn't believe this myself...I took it back to the dealership today after I fixed the hose (they checked all other hoses, Free oil change, tire balance & coolant service + an apology from the service guys.)

What I can tell you is; the transmission feels very strong,(it shifts nicely, and the engine is smooth with no hiccups). I just hope this is not a sign of previous owner neglect. thanks again!
Old May 31, 2009, 11:35 PM

Nice purchase and I'm glad they fix it for you. Have fun with it.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

ya becareful with that one dealership has a habit of not putting things back as they should i would know first hand lol. make sure you recheck everything and your fluid levels as well to verfiy.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Yes , Yes and Yes

Thanks a lot fellas--for the feedback. I'm glad as well that everything was fixed at no charge. For a moment ...when the incident occured I thought I bent a valve or messed up the transmission(My heart was beating out of my chest like crazy......I even took a nap to calm myself down & kept thinkin' I'm screwed). Thank god I had previous knowledge of forced induct., cars...and knew it most have been a hose.

These cars are blast of fun & I will continue to learn to properly drive it.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Should have bought a lancer oz brah! no worries about things popping off; your only worry is moms passing you on the highway in their mini vans.

jk enjoy the car!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:57 PM

hmm.. a lancer oz huh?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mtags24
Should have bought a lancer oz brah! no worries about things popping off; your only worry is moms passing you on the highway in their mini vans.

jk enjoy the car!
WIN

'Grats on the new purchase OP
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Like a G.O.D

Thanks!.everyone........Is it normal that my Evo makes me feel like a God?

I had Inverted BC Coilovers on my previous car, and the turn-in/ transition, pitch and stability of this car is just bananas(with stock suspension, if I might say); , Jeremy Clarkson & Tim Schrick were dead on about this car.

Cheers to AWD
Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sil'vr-Boi6
Thanks!.everyone........Is it normal that my Evo makes me feel like a God?
Yes, unfortunately that's also why you see so many wrecked Evo threads... And people who get huge egos from their evos.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats!

Almost time to do the timing belt!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Just picked up my second Evo last week. Dumbest thing I done was selling my 2005 wicked white Evo back in 2015. Had great times autocrossing, meeting fellow evo owners in Atlanta and driving it to work back and forth for 7 years.

Im now on the West coast, I found a gem for stupid price flew to Cali and drove it back all 600+ miles without a hiccup all in one day. I plan on autocrossing still learning the clutch not to mention the stroker motor. Now the color of my Evo matches my name..lol.

Old Jul 8, 2018, 07:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Sil'vr-Boi6
Just picked up my second Evo last week. Dumbest thing I done was selling my 2005 wicked white Evo back in 2015. Had great times autocrossing, meeting fellow evo owners in Atlanta and driving it to work back and forth for 7 years.

Im now on the West coast, I found a gem for stupid price flew to Cali and drove it back all 600+ miles without a hiccup all in one day. I plan on autocrossing still learning the clutch not to mention the stroker motor. Now the color of my Evo matches my name..lol.
Great to have you back into the EvO. LoL on bumping your old newbie thread

Lets get you back active again on the boards. We can use more true enthusiasts like yourself

Hey, if youre in So. Cal, the Mitsubishi Owners Day is next weekend

Joe

Quick Reply: My First Evo