Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo/Tuner N00b questions.... please help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with dcgsr on the AP. That and a boost gauge and Wideband and I can monitor everything I want to see. I was much like the OP and spent about 6 months on here just reading. With that, I tried to make informed decisions about what I wanted and why. No matter what you are looking to get for your car, there are posts on it here. I know a lot of guys recommend bolt ons first and then a tune. That way would work as well, but if you ever go into limp mode and have to get back home, an AP will save you a lot of time and suffering.

After the AP, the car works beautifully and every mod after that just keeps moving the power up. (kind of like the little mountain climber on The Price is Right). I got my mods one or two at a time and I feel I am done for a while...until I decide to tear into the head and do some port/polish, valves, springs, cams, and turbo.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:28 AM

huh?

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
...Are you familiar with the phrase, "Selling Ice Cubes to Eskimos?" Well...
Yes I am familiar with it - but that doesn't really make any sense in this discussion...does it?

(unless you are implying that AccessPort is worthless to all EVO owners)
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the purchase of your X! Just know there are other options out there other than the AP. Enjoy the Evo and welcome to the forum