Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question newbie

Hi all
i just pick up a red gsr bout a month ago and i already put in bout 2k in it (daily commute to work bout 100 miles). what kind of mod can i do and it wont void the warranty? i did ask a tech guy from the dealer and he told me stuff like the in take, exhaust and even a turbo timer will be 'ok' to do. Is it true? thanks in advance.
ezzcoke...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

where did you pick your evo up from? i c you live in jersey too
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First mod- Search function at the top of the page, ask it your questions, it has amazing answers
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

depends on your stealership. some are picky. where i live, South coast mitsubishi is the **** and they dont void you unless the mod caused the problem.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ezzcoke
Hi all
i just pick up a red gsr bout a month ago and i already put in bout 2k in it (daily commute to work bout 100 miles). what kind of mod can i do and it wont void the warranty? i did ask a tech guy from the dealer and he told me stuff like the in take, exhaust and even a turbo timer will be 'ok' to do. Is it true? thanks in advance.
ezzcoke...
it's all up to your dealership...and they're all different. i'm sure most mitsu dealers will void your warranty for an intake and aftermarket exhaust. maybe even get something in writing or installed through them to be on the safe side.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:36 AM

so, the best bet is if i needthe factory warranty, i better off don't do a thing. i am from middlesex area but i got it from ramsey. did the pipe recall, reflash once for rough idle and once for rpm hesitate hope nothing more down the road.
ezzcoke...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

other than a few dealers that are involved in the evo community. 99% of them void warranties with anything you put on your car.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah, nonsense - just nonsense. You CANNOT void a warranty to just void a warranty. If the problem was caused by said mod - then no, they are not going to cover it. If the problem was not caused, then they have to cover it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Ah, nonsense - just nonsense. You CANNOT void a warranty to just void a warranty. If the problem was caused by said mod - then no, they are not going to cover it. If the problem was not caused, then they have to cover it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
^what he said but from my experience in working at a dealership it is really up to the Tech who is working on the car. If he or she reports mods on the car then the shop manager will report it back to the service manager. The service manager is the end all to voiding warranties. But from a legal view they are not supposed to void until the deem the mod caused a failure. My problem with that process is if the OP had an intake and the tranny failed they would blame the intake and void the warranty.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:04 PM

is it true that there are more than one ecu in evox and can the dealer 'tune' the performance ecu?