Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Greeting From The Snowy North!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greeting From The Snowy North!

Hello Everyone,

New member here just looking to get aquainted with everyone. I've been browsing this forum for about a month - when I first decided I wanted a Evolution X...over an STi mind you. Anywho, just registered and finally can ask some questions around the boards. My plan is to import an X from The US... for the longest time I thought they were inadmissable accoring to RIV but I'm hearing more and more of guys doing it? Including a member here by the name of Telrum (or something like that). Anyways, I'm trying to prod him for more information on how this is possible.. I'll keep you guys updated on my purchase status. Right now I'm driving a 08 CSRT-4... good car but not meant for the weather here. Lots of snow and little FWD caliber just can't handle it like I want it to. So now it's time for AWD... So yeah, just wanted to say 'Hi' and can't wait to get myself into an EVO!

Last edited by Casual Swift; Dec 22, 2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

hello and welcome. Im sure its quite cold up there this time of year.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 08:07 AM

Indeed it is - Alberta weather literally changes by the minute... In the last month we've gone from +10 to -30, back to 0, now back to -20. And hella tons of snow... hence the need for an Evo. =D (Oh and for all you Degree's Fahrenheit people, -30 celcius is -22 fahrenheit)

Speaking of which, I spoke to a local dealer yesterday and was approved for credit + trade on a 2010 GSR. However I just can't justify spending the 46K+ when I could get one from the US for like 32-35k... Warrenty or no warrenty.

PAdutch - Mods to your 03 SRT4??

Last edited by Casual Swift; Dec 23, 2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Casual Swift
Indeed it is - Alberta weather literally changes by the minute... In the last month we've gone from +10 to -30, back to 0, now back to -20. And hella tons of snow... hence the need for an Evo. =D (Oh and for all you Degree's Fahrenheit people, -30 celcius is -22 fahrenheit)

Speaking of which, I spoke to a local dealer yesterday and was approved for credit + trade on a 2010 GSR. However I just can't justify spending the 46K+ when I could get one from the US for like 32-35k... Warrenty or no warrenty.

PAdutch - Mods to your 03 SRT4??
Its pretty much fully bolted on, 3" exhaust, WG, BFMIC, runing like 17psi spike falls to like 15, lowered on eibach pro's, urethane bushings, there more but thats what matters.

Ran a 13.919 @ 105 a couple months ago. First time at the track, i cant drive, I had bald street tires, and it was cold haha. Im pretty satisfied though and makes a fun DD.