Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

previous rx8 owner moving onto the evo IX (soon)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
previous rx8 owner moving onto the evo IX (soon)

So i finally bit the bullet after months and months of hanging on the balance. My rx8 is officially for sale, and if i don't get an offer in the next 2 weeks, i'm just gonna turn her into a used car dealer, and i already have a IX in line i know a few evo guys out here on long island, so hopefully i'll be in good hands.

so here's to a new chapter in my car life!
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
You wont regret it man. I love rx8's and i have a buddy that got one before I bought my evo. but... After he test drove my car, he was pissed that he didn't know about the evo. He told me that if he had known about it he would have bought it instead. You'll love it bro.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:34 AM

thanks man! i really doubt i'll regret it. it's a completely different machine from the tame, refined rx8, but i'm really looking forward to the awd and actually having some torque....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

meh,

put a built 20B triple rotary in it with some STICKY tires and youll be eating evo's all day long....

RX8 with a 20B would be an amazing car.....

when for a ride in an RX8 with a built 20B and that car whooped up on my 500whp evo :-)

no joke, though, lb for lb the evo is a fantastic car..... you will not be disappointed!!!
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:39 AM

dude if i had the money and commitment to go 20b.. i would. it's like 20grand+ for the build.. haha
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

IMO the rx-8 will have the nicer interior and I like the seats on the new model (not sure if they changed them from previous years) but other than that, you will love the EVO.

Post some pics when you get it, I had an EVO IX before the X and it was a great car, stock clutch lasted even with multiple road course days up until 70k+ miles when I traded her in on the X.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
meh,

put a built 20B triple rotary in it with some STICKY tires and youll be eating evo's all day long....

RX8 with a 20B would be an amazing car.....

when for a ride in an RX8 with a built 20B and that car whooped up on my 500whp evo :-)

no joke, though, lb for lb the evo is a fantastic car..... you will not be disappointed!!!
Sounds pretty cheap!

My very limited experience with the rx-8 has lead me to believe it costs a boatload of money to make them faster. Handling is spot on, but I've never been in to the way they look either... Kind of like the owner is really hoping it'll turn into an autobot an any second...

Good luck with your new acquisition, man! Stock for stock, OR mod for mod, I'd take the evo... I guess I kind of a already did.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 09:18 AM

thanks for the tip bro, i'm super stoked to be part of the evo community.

i'll be posting pics as soon as i pick her up