Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Proud New 2004 Evo 8 Owner and Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proud New 2004 Evo 8 Owner and Forum Member

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this but i'm going to give it a shot. I just purchased my 04 Evo 8 on Valentines Day last month. Let me just start by saying I have never been so in love with a vehicle in my life!!! Probably because my last vehicles were a 1989 Ford Ranger(sold $1200), a 1982 Chevrolet El Camino(totaled, t-boned a van turning in front of me), and a 1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28(falling apart, sold for $700). Also probably because it is one badass piece of machinery! I mean I love just sitting there stareing at the thing.

I purchased the Evo at a tent sale at the Mall in my crappy little desert town for $18,000 without tax and lisence. It was like a race who could buy it first. I had no intentions of even buying an Evo..until I was sitting at my buddys and my Dad sends me a picture of it saying, you should come check this car out(no he didnt help pay for it, or even co-sign). It had 41,200 miles on it. Has the Carbon Fiber Wing. Completely stock minus the tinted windows and painted black stock rims(they look really clean though). The cars paint color is Silver.

Anyhow, after only about a month of owning it my dumbass decides to let my friend drive it. He launched it at 5k RPM . After that the clutch was completely destroyed. No the ******* is not helping me replace it. I didn't know what clutch to buy so I purchased the Exedy Stage 2 Racing Clutch (please let me know if this was a good or bad idea).

My Dad has been a Mechanic his entire life thank god and put it in for me free of charge. Thanks Dad!! We did use MitsuJoe's EVO Clutch Install Guide and my Dad said to say without it he would not have known about the pull style clutch, and that the guide helped him tremendously! I also had the stock flywheel resurfaced as I do not have xtra cash to purchase a new one atm. It's killing me right now that I can't drive it as i'm impatiently waiting on the tranny fluid to ship to my house with an ETA of Friday April 2nd. Its been put back together for a few days just sitting in the Garage...arrggh, sucks.

You guys seem like a good group of people and are a lot of help. I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and just registered today. Soooo, what mods should I do next? I know you have guides but I wanna hear some personal experience as to what mods you guys first started putting on your Evo. I don't wanna go all out, just some bolt-ons that will give me some gains. Thanks!

Last edited by DjgEvo8; Mar 31, 2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: pics
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Nice, lets see some pics bro.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Don't let anyone touch your car besides you, or family..... sometimes not even family.

If they don't make the payments or help you fix it, don't let them touch it.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
Nice, lets see some pics bro.
Ok let me try to figure that out here in a minute. They are only pics off my Blackberry though so the quality may not be top notch.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
Don't let anyone touch your car besides you, or family..... sometimes not even family.

I know, I know...I learned a valuable, and expensive lesson
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

welcome!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX

quoted for truth!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome. They are awesome cars.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:58 PM

So true! i never let anyone drive my car,

welcome anyway
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Was the clutch already worn pretty badly? Nice buy btw! Love it by driving it...
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Gratz. First of all find yourself a good tuner, secondly a few cheap mods (less than $1000) that will yield fantastic results getting you close to 300awhp are as follows:

Cone style filter (Buschur Racing)
Manual Boost Controller (MBC)
Cat-Back exhaust (CBE)
Race/Test Pipe (optional)

I believe Import Tuner magazine did the test on the previous combo in one of their issues on a EVO IX. Of course John at englishracing.net helped em with the tune. Have fun
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Nice I also have an 04. Take care of it and mantenance it as needed. first should ne an exaust and a good tune--- then your good for 12's.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:34 PM

nice! i hope to be in a new (to me) evo ix mr in a couple weeks when i drive over there to so cal to trade in my current car.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:24 PM

Thanks for your input guys! I have been taking very good care of it. I need to get a cover since I do not have a garage I can keep it in.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Teh_Evo
Was the clutch already worn pretty badly? Nice buy btw! Love it by driving it...
Seemed to drive perfectly before he drove it Oh well... live and learn I guess. Oh and I do love it by driving it everytime me and my friends go out im like " want me to drive " , " i'll be the designated driver tonight "