Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Police and the X

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never been harassed by the cops in my X. I have been pulled over, but every time I was pulled over it was well deserved. I wouldn't worry about the cops. I'm not sure about loud evos though, cops might react differently towards those.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 08:58 AM

I've been stopped twice since owning my x but i was driving like a jacka** and had nothing to do with the bright a** Rally Red that sticks out like a sour thumb lol. Dont be stupid like me and you'll do just fine. i had another vehicle and drive no different then than i do now but the color difference can catch anyones eye...thats the point. Example ticket 2 was 81 in a 55....its fun but dont be retarded. first was following too close which was dropped. Be aware of where you are and your surroundings and it wouldnt hurt to have a radar/ lasar detector imo. Unless cali has a law against them
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by linnboi
sports car = tickets
That is ignorant. It doesnt matter what car you drive. If youre breaking the law, youre breaking the law.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I think the non SSS spoiler saves asses in a town riddled with dick cops such as East Brunswick, Milltown, and South River in Jersey.
Then again my car is all stock except for interior HID lighting when I open the doors.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was warned that having a car with a wing that big on it would make me a cop magnet... but I really haven't had any trouble with the police. I've driven by plenty of cops and haven't been pulled over yet.

As others have said... how you drive the car will likely determine how often you get pulled over.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:57 AM

you should be fine like everyone says dont drive like a maniac. Yes ref tickets suck and cops down there will give them to you but they cant just ask to pop your hood its like them asking to check your car you can say no and then they would need a warrent to search. But if you have a nice shiny non-stock appearing exhaust that will give them reasonable cause to search then they can really di*k you over. As long as it looks stock most of them dont know what the hell they are looking at. I just spent a month down there with my car but never got looked at cuz i got WA plates
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

also been pulled over b.c he "didnt see my front plate" just asked me for my info and let me go
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok now people have to keep in mine we are talking about Cali Not WA AL NY NJ canada etc. Cali operates alot differently then in those states. Cops dont play games in Cali
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:33 PM

I have green wheels on my WW x and I mostly don't drive like an idiot, but I definitely have fun with my car. I've been pulled over one time on suspision of DUI, I did not have a drop of alcohol and they later found that out. But while I was pulled over they mentioned the car is an eye catcher for police and that the exhaust was illegal and my tint was too dark. But when I'm sitting right next to a cop at a stoplight it never provokes them. So I'd say it's all how you drive!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I appreciate all the advice guys. Im looking at getting a WW with SSS. Will the white blend in? Or should i go with maybe something less conspicuous like grey/silver/ black? Plus, is it possible to get SSS package and tell them to remove the spoiler?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
No issues here. Drive like a mature adult and you'll be fine. Don't give them a reason to pull you over (legal tint, front plate where required, quieter exhaust, etc.). I don't always follow my own guidelines, but I have paid the price for it in the past

Last edited by Kracka; Aug 1, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

SoCalEvo.net youll get more SoCal answers there buddy, good luck.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 02:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by i love my evo
SoCalEvo.net youll get more SoCal answers there buddy, good luck.
So true. There is nothing better than first hand experience and I can tell you that cops are VERY strict in California. Socalevo.net has a thread dedicated to law enforcement and the nature of it here in cali.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man ur in la u wont have any problem at all!!!!!! trust me i know a bunch of guys that have X and cops dont even look at them!.... btw u should come out to the LBc meet tuesday night..
Old Aug 2, 2010, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

I have only been pulled over once by cops in the Bronx, NYC. My guess was that they had curiosity on what type of car just drove by. I was doing the speed limit possibly 5mph lower due to looking for a street. Other encounters with cops have been them pulling up and asking what type of car it was and giving compliments about its looks. My Evo X is RR and it has a turbo back exhaust. Like everyone else have posted up on here, "just drive within the speed limit posted in all areas you drive around, and also keep it safe when driving(meaning no crazy a$$ turns or cutting people off ect...!"

Quick Reply: Police and the X