Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cop 1 (as i pay for my gas inside says): Hey, Nice wing... Airports That way"
Me: Krispy Kreme is 2 lights down on the right.

another day...
Cop 2 (pulls me over because some new 5.0 Mustang decides he wants to tap his brakes repeatedly so i pass him up doing the speed limit keep in mind, and then he begins to flash my car...): Hey! What kind of car is this? (De-badged & Wingless)
Me: oh, it's just a lancer....

Goes through the procedure of tag and license check on both me and the must-tank... turns out that the must-tank driver is also a cop in a small town and was trying to figure out what my car was... He let us go, me with a verbal warning... his buddy with nothing... 92mph in a 55mph zone .

Cop 2: I'm letting you go with a military curtsey warning... Slow it down.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:42 AM

okay, lets stop and think for a moment... I'm a girl and I own an '03 Evo 8, the only one here in Liverpool, NY (And yes I know how to drive it, I grew up racing, purchased by me, myself, and I alone)

Person1: NICE FEVO!
Person2: WILL YOU MARRY ME?!?! (As were flying down rt. 57 at 90mph...was trying to loose him but he thought i wanted to play)

Person3: LMAO! So how many times have you replaced the clutch so far? Can you even drive that thing?

Person4: Hey nice car, what's the retail on one of those? Me: ::Palm to face::

Mother: That car is going to kill you, but I love your car! Can you take me for a ride?

I was running a few mins late for work and blew by a cop, he raced up behind me just to pull up next to me at the light and tell me "I was gonna tag you for speeding but I give you credit for being a girl and owning a fast car... ::Keeps rambling until I pull away at a green light::

Not to mention my boss hates my car because when we close the store (yes...Target) he cant leave until we all leave. I think it irritates him that I have to let the car warm up before I drive it even if its 75* at night.

....people scare me sometimes lmao

Last edited by Jbaker0524; May 31, 2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something I just thought of
Old May 31, 2011, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

Is that a real deal evo? or a dress up kit? coming from my coworker who owns a foxbody ha!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I was setting in my RR Evo waiting (forever) for my wife to come out of the mall when an SUV parked a couple of stalls over and disgourged a 4 year old and his mom. The kid's eye's got big and he pointed and said in a loud voice, "Look, look, look, its that car!" His mother looked around and seeing nothing, drug the kid off.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

I keep hearing "Man bro that car was the **** in tokyo drift..Its rear wheel drive right?" WTF!?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Is that a real Lancer?

Pulled in at Gas Station... Car idling. Guy told me to get my car check it's sound misfiring... Kelford 272 cams.. Lol
Old Jun 3, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I've had numerous people ask if the Recaros are stock. lol
Old Jun 3, 2011, 09:26 AM

Grandparents neighbor has a vette (which he never drives) and stopped over as I was washing my evo and started makin jokes that its all looks and runs on rice. I got done and we went out on the backroads of WV through some turns in the mountains...when I got back and was sitting on my brick wall he finally shows up and as soon as he gets out he says "Holly *&%# what's in that thing!" Then I had his attention to explain. Hahaha
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:10 PM

"nice corolla"
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

I got this today: "Is your Evo auto?"

LoL
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:27 PM

what's the mpg, is this the stock exterior?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 03evo8racer
I was leaving class yesterday someone saw my IX, and said, "Thats a nice STI''

sad thing is I still have the evolution badge on it lol
Face palm lmao

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku
I was outside washing my Evo when some door to door sales ppl came by. She said "Nice lancer! I see you got some nice wheels on there (stock). Are those 20s?!" >_>
Retards lol

Originally Posted by Huligan
One time this girl asks me "You have a nice car what's the name brand?" I'm like its a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. She was like wow nice I have a Mitsubishi refrigerator at home. I felt like face palming myself.

This one other time while I was warming up my car, I see this little boy walking with his mother and as they walk by my car, he tells his mother "Mom look this car looks like a toy."
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
"is it fast?"
"What's an evo?"
"Is that a normal lancer?"

A conversation my friend had with his friend:
"What car is that?"
"An evolution, my friend drives that"
"BS, it doesn't any badges"
"your a dumb***"

Also today I was driving and I pulled up behind a rex, and all 4 of the people turned around at the same time, I couldn't help but laugh
smh thats pretty funny though haha

Originally Posted by kburgess04
I took a guy home from work and he says "whys your car sneeze". I couldn't help but say "its got a cold"

I also pulled into pepboys the other day and one of the parts guys says "nice evo is that an 05?" I said " no its an 03" then he says "ohh I used to have an 06 evo x with nos" I responded with "wow that would be wicked fast if you knew what you were talking about... and 06 is evo 9 any evo owner would know that"
He obviously was on something if he was runnin NOS on a X lol

Originally Posted by RedNBlackEvo8
i hate it when girls get in my car and ask me why it sound like a vacuum cleaner... smh...

but more often than that girls girl in it and say that "one noise" makes them wanna orgasm. lmao
Boost gets you laid bro lol

Originally Posted by camo_vw
gave one of my servers a ride home from work just the other day...

she said" why does your car make so many weird noises?"

I replied" why you got to be such a hooker?"
LMAO!

Originally Posted by Anonymouse
"Sweet EEEEEEEEvo, bro! But, my buddies (insert ****ty car that happens to be left at home or in the shop) would totally rape you on the freeway!"
Of course right lol

Originally Posted by ezzey
mods in sig
-----------
i did a WOT pull and went by a saab. he was a younger driver, few mods. stops beside me and asks "Is that thing turbo'd?" I responded a yea, but laughing inside (35r/dump to atmo)

----------
is that thing fast? let's see a burnout; i just nod
----------
friend says he raced an audi on the freeway with his wrx and says the audio was pretty fast and how he had a few cars on him. I said i'd probably take him as he responded, "it might be close, i dont know, the audi was pretty fast"

lunch time i went to take him for a spin and while a wot he didnt know what to hang onto while saying "OOOO SHIIIiiittttt" ... i replied "and what you think....?" | he says "holy ****.... you would of raped him" lol
-----------
another friend of mine with his srt4 stage2 says "i can take you, i pull hard in 2nd" I just laughed inside.
-----------
took my mom for a spin one day to show her why i spend all this money, and she now tells her friends that her son driver's an airplane. every time i hear her say this to someone i can't help but laugh.
My mom would proabaly be scared or yellin at me the whole time to slow down lmao

Originally Posted by killercd4G63
Cop 1 (as i pay for my gas inside says): Hey, Nice wing... Airports That way"
Me: Krispy Kreme is 2 lights down on the right.

another day...
Cop 2 (pulls me over because some new 5.0 Mustang decides he wants to tap his brakes repeatedly so i pass him up doing the speed limit keep in mind, and then he begins to flash my car...): Hey! What kind of car is this? (De-badged & Wingless)
Me: oh, it's just a lancer....

Goes through the procedure of tag and license check on both me and the must-tank... turns out that the must-tank driver is also a cop in a small town and was trying to figure out what my car was... He let us go, me with a verbal warning... his buddy with nothing... 92mph in a 55mph zone .

Cop 2: I'm letting you go with a military curtsey warning... Slow it down.
You sir get a +5

Originally Posted by Jbaker0524
okay, lets stop and think for a moment... I'm a girl and I own an '03 Evo 8, the only one here in Liverpool, NY (And yes I know how to drive it, I grew up racing, purchased by me, myself, and I alone)

Person1: NICE FEVO!
Person2: WILL YOU MARRY ME?!?! (As were flying down rt. 57 at 90mph...was trying to loose him but he thought i wanted to play)

Person3: LMAO! So how many times have you replaced the clutch so far? Can you even drive that thing?

Person4: Hey nice car, what's the retail on one of those? Me: ::Palm to face::

Mother: That car is going to kill you, but I love your car! Can you take me for a ride?

I was running a few mins late for work and blew by a cop, he raced up behind me just to pull up next to me at the light and tell me "I was gonna tag you for speeding but I give you credit for being a girl and owning a fast car... ::Keeps rambling until I pull away at a green light::

Not to mention my boss hates my car because when we close the store (yes...Target) he cant leave until we all leave. I think it irritates him that I have to let the car warm up before I drive it even if its 75* at night.

....people scare me sometimes lmao
Girls who drive evo's =

Originally Posted by evolution666
I keep hearing "Man bro that car was the **** in tokyo drift..Its rear wheel drive right?" WTF!?
Stupid kids :|

Originally Posted by kuzma54
Grandparents neighbor has a vette (which he never drives) and stopped over as I was washing my evo and started makin jokes that its all looks and runs on rice. I got done and we went out on the backroads of WV through some turns in the mountains...when I got back and was sitting on my brick wall he finally shows up and as soon as he gets out he says "Holly *&%# what's in that thing!" Then I had his attention to explain. Hahaha
Lmao old fart

Originally Posted by 4G63punk
I got this today: "Is your Evo auto?"

LoL
That would be tight if the evo was a auto lol
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

When I called the mitsu dealership parts department yesturday, and the guy asked me if I had the auto or manual version of the evo :/ wtf?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

I've had some people say "It sounds like a boat it water" lol
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

"Does your car have a v8...it sounds good".....Facepalm!!!!!!!