Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Why did you guys get an Evo over an STI?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an 06 STI and now a 06 MR both are and we're essentially a simple stage 2. Turboback and tune.

STI is a great powerful and grunty daily, very comfy for what it is and still handled great. Honestly idk what people are talking about thoug.? STI are reliable and much less expensive to fix and maintain. Body and engine parts are swarming due to the amount there are. But honestly that also a downfall. Too many.. To many young punk owners which made the Subaru community non elite and suck.

Evo... Terrible daily in my opinion. That's why it's a garage queen now. For the similar mods. Makes a significant amount more power. Just a much more raw monster even with the 2.0. Downside is the extreme cost of maintenance and parts. Like acd pump...? Ridiculous. Timing needs to be done more often. And body parts are near impossible to locate or even if so. The price is extreme. The evo overall seems more fragile to me.

I'd honestly take either of the two. If I had to daily. I may take the STI. But the evo is quite a monster and handles ungodly good
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:21 PM

Went to test drive both cars the Mitsu dealer was great gave me the key said have fun. Went to test drive the Subi salesman tells me cars to far back he has to move four cars and refused to. I said thank you very much then went and bought the Mitsu.....Very happy.......
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

You don't see many Evo's on the road, I see at least 2-3 STI's while driving less than 10 minutes.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:28 AM

I brought my car b/c I love the way she drives, stock turbo is the best.