Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New member from Copley, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Copley, Ohio

Hey guys,

New member to the forums, but not the DSM/EVO world. I've been coming to the shoutout for years now and have always loved the atmosphere and power these cars have the potential to put down. Anyways, I have owned a few various Talons over the years, but recently, and finally, got into a BR330 2005 Lightning Blue Evolution which happens to be #003 of all BR330's produced! I'm waiting for a good day to go out and take some better pictures other than garage shots so stand by!

When I bought the car the previous owner informed me he was the only owner and bought the car back in 2005. Days later, he had the car shipped to California where it spent all it's life. So as you can assume the car is spotless with absolutely NO RUST. This past year he shipped the car back to Ohio in which the 2-3 days of winter (only DAYS of winter its ever seen!) it endured a displaced oil pan.Upon taking it to the shop he had a new oil pan put in and when he drove the car down the street and the motor blew up. As luck would have it, the shop he took it to installed the oil pan wrong . So after this he took the car to the Mitsubishi Dealership in Medina and had a brand new engine installed. Upon pulling the motor the dealership bent the clutch and ended up allowing him to put a new clutch in at no cost, which is the reason for the ACT HD clutch in the car now. When driving away from the dealership he noticed all 3 of the ACD were on and took it back in and they put a brand new ACD in it (not cheap as I'm sure you know). But, then again neither was the motor replacement. So as the car sits it has just over 70k on it.....only had 67k when I bought it, but of course in the 2 weeks i've owned it I tacked on quite a bit of mileage At first I was very skeptical of whether this long drawn out story was true, but the awesome thing is I have complete paper work of every bit of the work done to the car including cost of repairs and all parts purchased by the dealership (Well over $10k!!). All the new parts mentioned above installed by the dealership with warranty only have just over 6k miles on them. The owner at this point decided that the car was just too much to afford after he already paid 35k for it back in 05' and with the insurance being so high, considering the 12 points he had on his license for speeds, he had to part ways with it. So other than the BR330 kit and slotted rotors with ceramic hawk pads all around, the car was sold stock to me. So after many open ended questions I decided to buy the car.

Since I have purchased the car I have done the following mods for some added safety to the cars health and some power gains:

Performance:
Warlbro 255 FP
3" test pipe
Sport Comp Boost Gauge
Sport Comp Electronic Oil Pressure Gauge <--all gauges in a three gauge pod A-Pillar mount
AEM UEGO A/F Wideband
TurboXS (would have bought from buschur, but I needed one to turn the boost down after the cat delete and other mods)

Other:
Pioneer speakers
JVC headunit
A good wash and wax
Mods I would like to do ASAP:
Evo 9 BOV
BR Shift Bushings
BR Intake pipe
BR 3" downpipe
BR Hard intercooler piping
**a good tune!!**--what do you think Buschur? Wanna see how #003 is doing??

Future Mods:
Evo 9 turbo
Tial BOV
(More to Come)

At this point, my thoughts are to make it a mid to high 11s car and drive it as a DD atleast until I get the majority of it paid off. Then once paid off, (with overnight parts from Japan ....kidding!- always fun to quote that movie.) make this a full blown racecar, with the help of Buschur Racing, of course!

Outside the Evolution, I am a Military Police Officer in the United States Army (Thanks for the track event discount David, wish I had known about it longer, considering last year was the first time I used it...either way the event is well worth the $10! ) I also go to school full time, 18 credit hours, and work 40+ hours a week as a Armed Security Protections Officer...so as you can see I'm very busy, but can always make time to attend get togethers, hang out with fellow EVO enthusiasts, or just getting down and dirty under the car! Like I said before, I have been in the DSM world for some time, but am mostly new to working on EVOs and such so any advice given will be greatly appreciated!!
Well since this is long enough, thanks for the opportunity to join the site and if anyone can help me in finding the parts listed under "Mods I would like to do ASAP" for a good price please let me know!!
David

Like I said these photos were taken from my iPhone and when uploaded it brightened the pictures and screwed with the colors for some reason. So we'll just have to wait till I get my professional camera out on a nice day! As you can see though the car is clean!!

Rear shot...BR330!!

Engine Bay

Side view

Angled Front view

Driver side

Night-time shot
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:43 AM

welcome from fellow ohioan!
going to the shootout the past few years is what made me get into one finally too
beautiful car always loved that color
Old Jan 8, 2012, 01:07 PM

Thanks buddy. Always was my favorite color too!!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dherch17
Thanks buddy. Always was my favorite color too!!
welcome
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your brother is for sale down the road, BR330 #1

http://showroom.auction123.com/denny...65U036330.html

I am originally from Ohio and may have to go check it out. Need to buy a car.

Enjoy the good weather this week!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome
Old Feb 1, 2012, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! I'm next door. Broadview Hts/Richfield
Old Feb 2, 2012, 07:09 AM

Welcome to the forum!